Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > Member News
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #21
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Happy RVing enjoy

kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:10 AM   #22
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Congratulations, It's a great day when you pick up your new Home. We just picked ours up this last Friday and spent the weekend in Las Vegas. I had not driven anything this big either, my largest tow trailer was 16ft. It was easy to tow, hardly notice it was there. Coming over Tehacapi we hit winds and I hardly noticed them.

Have fun and enjoy your new 5th Wheel, we are already planning our next trip this weekend.

Jim R.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:41 AM   #23
adelmoll
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2716
That is a really nice model. I just know you will enjoy it. Congratulations.

Bill and Helen
adelmoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:50 AM   #24
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Jim,

Thanks for the encouragement. When I picked up the 17 foot travel trailer I thought it was 20 feet wide and 40 feet long but, after a few 100 miles it shrunk. I am sure the 5th wheel will be the same, it just getting through those first few turns and driveways without doing any damage that I am worried about.

I am curious, why did you do an out of state delivery and then bring the Monty into California? I can’t see any advantage.

Grant

BirdingRVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:54 AM   #25
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Thanks Helen and Bill,

I start my day, everyday reading your blog and what you have put your Montana through without any problems was a very big influence on our decision to buy a Montana.

Oh yeah, and we really liked the floor plan.

Old 12-14-2006, 07:30 AM   #26
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
Well we won’t be picking up our new 3075 tomorrow after all. My father-in-law has come down with pneumonia (people become so fragile at 80) and we are heading 150 mile in the wrong direction to deliver presents (they had been planning to visit us for Christmas) and to see what we can do to help.

Our new plan is to pick it on the 28th and make a long weekend of it.

I’ve waited this long to get a 5th wheel I guess two more weeks won’t hurt. Now I remember what it was like as a kid looking at the packages under the tree and having to wait and wait until Christmas.
Old 12-14-2006, 09:06 AM   #27
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Grant
Sorry to hear of your father-in-laws illness. Prayers go with you and your family. The Monty will be there when you return. Waiting makes the joy that much better.
Happy trails.......................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 09:33 AM   #28
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Grant, I pray for the recovery of your FIL. Pneumonia can be very serious the older we get. I know my father, who is 76, is just getting over a case of it. Now, his significant other has a significant case of bronchitis.

I know you must be so disappointed about the delay in the picking up of your new Montana but you are a wonderful SIL by going to your FIL.
Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:01 AM   #29
BirdingRVer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5740
I’m not sure that “wonderful” is called for.

We had been up to see the in-laws over Thanksgiving and they just seem so fragile. Nothing life threatening wrong with either of them but, any small thing like a cold can turn life threatening. My own father died just a couple of years back; he just went to the hospital for them to look into a “little pain” he had developed. He was gone less than a week later at 76.

I think my wife and I are especially sensitive to how fragile her folks are because when we go fulltime we could be anywhere when they go. However, it seems almost gruesome to wait around for them to die so we can get on with our plans. My in-laws fulltimed for a few years but, they said they “waited too late to go”. They not only encouraged us to fulltime but, to start as young as we can.

The Monty arrived 2 weeks earlier than we had expected so picking it up in 2 weeks will just put us back to where we had expected it all along. I am sure the dealer is taking good care of it.

Thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:28 AM   #30
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Grant, although it offers little comfort, many of us are in the same situation with fragile parents. My own father is almost 93 but encourages us to travel. He traveled with my mother for several years, sometimes camping out of a little Chevy van, so that he can appreciate our desire to see the sights. It's nice even at my age to have his blessing.

We too will pray for your FIL's speedy recovery and restoration to good health.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 10:55 AM   #31
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Grant,

Good thoughts and prayers for your elders, and as Judy states, there are quite a few of us here at MOC in the same situation. We feel your anxiety and concern. Go enjoy them now, here's hoping they heal fast and are around for many more moons.
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006, 03:47 PM   #32
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Grant,

Sorry to hear about your father-in-law. Carolyn's mother and father rv'ed for many years, Her mother said she wished they had started 10 years early. This has encarged us to get a move on and hit the road. I have 2 retirement, Military and State, Carolyn can retire anytime from the federal gov.

We took delivery in Nevada as not to pay the California taxes and licensen. I am now a South Dakota resident and Carolyn will change to SD when she retires. Even if you are an out of state resident Calif. charges you the tax and licensen fees if you take delivery in Calif.

Jim
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote