Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2006, 11:35 AM   #21
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Dustytuu

Does this mean that the LCD HD tv's would have to be taken out before winterizing the Monty? Does it hurt them to get cold?
I believe Brad answered this in another thread somewhere. I don't remember what he said, but I can can you an LCD screen does not like cold weather. The cold causing damage isn't something I know about yet, but if I had an LCD TV, I would not subject to anything lower than 25 degrees.
It might be possible to have it travel cold, but I wouldn't try starting it up until it's had a chance to thaw out.

I have a GPS in my truck that I use for work with an LCD screen, and in Minnesota winter is fast approaching. Knowing LCD's don't like cold I thought I'd see just how low it would go and still work.
It made it down to the upper teens and then started having display issues until the truck started warming up. It now comes in the house at night.

Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #22
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Ozzie - if your talking about your NUVI - I can't leave mine in the truck either if I expect to use it when it's cold. The babe starts talking but no picture until the truck warms up!

If we end up with the LCD TV - I'll probably make a habit of storing it in the stick house during winter storage. Heck, might even use it.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:13 PM   #23
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
You got it Brad...exactly what happens to my Nuvi. It makes me a little concerned as I need to use it during the winter months and I can't keep it warm all day. Bummer...looks like I may need to find my own way home again...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #24
jretz
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6321
Just called the dealer to see how my new 3400RL was equiped, pick it up on the 8th. They said it had the black door frig. and the regular T.V. I have been looking at LCD HD TVs for it this last month and if Montana is offering it as an option for $750 I would be glad to get my own. With 32" as low as $800 and droping fast I'll pick up my own. I was planning on using my suround sound from my house it the 3400 also. I have a few months to work on it till we put the house up for sale so I'll see how it works out.
jretz is offline   Reply With Quote