Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2006, 08:20 AM   #1
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
HEY FULLTIMERS!! QUESTION4U

Do you miss the home life since selling your home??just wondering if you still have your old friends and do you still stay in contact??
Are you feeling younger since you are on the go??
just trying to get some perspective for the future

cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:03 AM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I am ready to sell it all and go now!!!!!!!!! Looking forward to the day that I can hit the road full time.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 09:07 AM   #3
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Don't miss the stick house. Never have, don't believe I ever will. Can't even conceive of living in anything else but our home on wheels. We have a lifetime lease on a great lot in Lakewood, NM so we can come and go as we like. It's always there and we have lots of friends who can get Marge back there when the time comes.

I don't feel any younger but I sure don't feel any older either. The future looks great!@

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:43 AM   #4
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
Absolutely love it!! Don't miss the old place at all, this is just right for us!!!
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 11:55 AM   #5
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
After 3 years what's to miss?? We get back home for a week or two each year and for us that's plenty.
Feel younger?? Never thought about it but I always felt you are only as old as you feel. Born in 1943 but I'll only be 49 on my next birthday.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 02:24 PM   #6
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Don't miss the stick house at all. Yes, we keep in email contact with old friends and visit once in awhile. As for feeling younger, we were fairly young when we started and feel the reduced stress level has kept us that way!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2006, 03:16 PM   #7
gkbutler
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4049
Send a message via MSN to gkbutler Send a message via Yahoo to gkbutler
We don't miss our stick house either. We stay in touch with only a couple of our friends from the "old" days. Email mostly. The grandkids keep us young!
gkbutler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 03:08 AM   #8
Bill Hill
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1344
We've been full-timing almost 3 WEEKS now, and are loving it. I thought Shari would miss the townhouse, but she is enjoying even more than I am, if that's possible. However, we are also planning to go back to a stick house by Sept/Oct '07, so our full-timing will only be for a year. Right now, the only bad part is that we're still working until March '07, so the full-timing isn't as much fun as if we were already retired.
Bill Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 11:47 AM   #9
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
I don't miss it or all the crap I had in it! I'm still local, so some of my friends stop by, but not as much as when I lived in a house...because I live further away now. The other RVers at the campground are very friendly, so I have a bunch of new friends! My life is so much easier now, and I feel so much more content without all the worrying about keeping up a house and everything that goes with it. Best decision I've ever made! One happy camper here
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 04:01 PM   #10
mobilrvn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2056
WE are HOME!!! You remind me of the well meaning folks who ask us to stay with them and sleep in a "real" bed--our bed is always better than the one offered. That usually earns them an earful. Sure that you must have moved from one house to another in your life---did you go "home" to see your old house? The inside stays the same; it is just the outside that changes. And you get to meet new neighbors and make new friends---some of them for life. A bonus is reconnecting with old friends. On this leg of our trip to Ft. Lauderdale, we stopped and reconnected with an old friend in Tampa and her family whom we hadn't seen in 36 years. It does make you younger or helps keep you that way.
mobilrvn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2006, 10:31 PM   #11
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
We walked out the door and said our goodbyes. Our mode of operation is to look at what is coming, not what is in the past. We look forward to the new people we will meet and the new things we will see. There is an abundance of "wows" yet to experience.

We just got back from London and Bristol. Got to tour the Tower of London again, visited Warwick Castle, did a river tour on the Thames, and took in an outstanding presentation of Les Miserables at Queen's Theatre.

We took bus tours of Bath, Bristol and Oxford. Sunday, I addressed a Baptist congression at Chipping Sodbury (which is the birthplace of J K Rowling of Harry Potter fame).

We could not or would not do that when we were tied to a stick house. There are so many things in the States to see and experience. We are anxious to get back to Monty and this adventurous lifestyle. How could we possibly miss anything from twenty+ years in the same spot.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 06:36 AM   #12
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
I don't miss it at all. We stay in touch with old friends via mail, email, etc. And when we're in the area we get together with them. In fact, yesterday I had lunch with some good friends and former co-workers. Someday we'll probably have another stick home but I'm in no hurry. We're getting "hitch itch." We've been stationary here just too long (since early October). We'll leave on 12/27, after Christmas with the kids and grandkids.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:06 AM   #13
drifus
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4711
Send a message via Yahoo to drifus
Steve I see you two made the switch and got the new Monty congrats. Of course you got the best model . Copy cat, kidding.

As for the question posed, I miss the house only because I had things I wanted to do to it (113 year old Victorian).

But this has been a dream of mine forever so as a Worktimer this isn't bad when I can truly come and go as I please I will be truly happy.

Dave
drifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:54 AM   #14
cmp-shooter
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3928
I am trying to figure out how to do it...money and income is the main thing, not retired yet so gotta work

but I am in the planning stages

"MOBILRVN" all I know is a house and yes I have been back to my old house. It's not "if" it's "when" I figure out the income side of this jump is when I'll do it. Hate winter more each year in New England.
cmp-shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 11:28 AM   #15
drifus
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4711
Send a message via Yahoo to drifus
Take a job in another city or state and take the RV with you. viola you are a fulltimer
drifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 12:02 AM   #16
smc
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3125
If we still had the stick house, we would be shoveling snow, paying high heating bills, wondering if we could get the truck started, braving icy and snowy roads, etc. etc. etc. (Alberta is having the coldest November in 110 years) Here in Yuma, just had a wind storm, but still outside with a light jacket. Love it. Cleaning the trailer is a snap. After 3 years, we are still loving the freedom.
smc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:47 AM   #17
jrlepin
Established Member

M.O.C. #5916
We just spent two months in an RV resort in Bullhead City, AZ, which was the longest stay away from home for us. (Retired last July) We left the 5th wheel there to come home for the holidays and to get some needed stuff done. Now we are prpearing to sell the house next Spring or Summer and full time it for all the reasons mentioned in the above posts. We can't wait to get out of here and head south.
jrlepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:48 AM   #18
jrlepin
Established Member

M.O.C. #5916
We just spent two months in an RV resort in Bullhead City, AZ, which was the longest stay away from home for us. (Retired last July) We left the 5th wheel there to come home for the holidays and to get some needed stuff done. Now we are prpearing to sell the house next Spring or Summer and full time it for all the reasons mentioned in the above posts. We can't wait to get out of here and head south.
jrlepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 07:59 AM   #19
Army Guy
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5508
I know it's late in replying but we have been full timing since Sep 05. I am still working for another 2 years before we'll be free to travel (retire) but have sold our stick house and are slowly getting ready for that day. I couldn't think of a better way to live and enjoy all the things life has to offer. The people we meet now are great.
Army Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:32 PM   #20
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dave (Drifus), are you still in the KC area?

Unfortunately, even though we have no stick home anymore, it appears I will be shoveling snow. Yesterday we had an ice storm. On top of that, today we got four inches of snow and they're predicting 10 to 15 more inches by morning. Four inches I can just stomp down. But not 14 to 19 inches.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote