Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 11-20-2006, 10:50 AM   #1
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
Does it fit?

Someone on another post had a problem opening their sofa bed in the alloted space on their rig. We are considering the hide-a-bed sofa option along with the end table and sofa table in the 3400RL. We are also considering the desk chair. Has anyone encountered any problem with any of this stuff fitting in their rig?

DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:16 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
No problem with any of it. The desk chair rides right in front of the desk. We have the hide-a-bed and 2 recliners with end table. We had our own sofa table so didn't get it. We exchanged the position of the sofa and recliners. The only thing we do when traveling is take the cushions off the sofa and stand them beside and in between the recliners. This allows the slides to come in and keeps the recliners from swiveling. Nothing is tied down. Been over some horrible roads and everything rides great.
Happy trails...............
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 11:51 AM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
We opted to get the end table and all the other stuff + the sofa table. I only hope I can find a place to put the sofa table so I can get the bed open or it might be out in the rain.

Sue, do you remember if you could open your sofa bed (in its original spot) with the sofa table stuck in there somewhere? Up against the entertainment center maybe?

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:41 PM   #4
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I have it all, end table, sofa table, computer desk chair, and more in my 3400RL. The hide-a-bed gets used every Thur, Fri, Sat night from April - October with no problems. I just push the sofa table against the fireplace, lots of room to walk around the bed while it is opened.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 12:47 PM   #5
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
I have a 3500RL and I have the desk chair, end table and coffee table. I can pull out the sofa bed and all I have to do is move the coffee table over by the computer desk to get it out of the way. It work good for me.
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 01:00 PM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Thanks for the response - the sofa table was a last minute add on but I never checked to see how things fit.

Old 11-20-2006, 02:13 PM   #7
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Brad,..........maybe you should keep the " loaner " trailer in your signature pic, then you wouldn't have to worry about the table being out in the rain.
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:28 PM   #8
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Our's fits fine...we did not opt for the desk chair...we just use one of the four dining chairs.
Cat320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 02:52 PM   #9
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Lonnie - My ficticous Cambridge loaner has a solid mahogany sofa table the electrically retracts into the floor by remote control and the sofa extends automatically into a round bed - soooo romantic.
Old 11-20-2006, 02:59 PM   #10
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
RIGHT ON
LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2006, 04:26 PM   #11
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Push come to shove, remember in the 3400 you have all that counter space. Something could go there over night. There is a lot of room in front of the desk and television. That is also something to consider when traveling. The slides don't meet in the LR. I'm glad some others answered your question. We have never opened our hide a bed.
Happy trails..........................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:44 AM   #12
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Before you lock yourself into any sofa bed I would wait until they introduce the NEW AIR sofa bed. Those that attended the MOC rally in Goshen received a first hand showing. Most everyone felt it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. It is near impossible to describe but when open fully it takes up about 1/4th less space. It is very comfortable whether opened or closed. I know in the Tampa area we will be seeing it at the big RV show along with the new 3485. When I ordered my 3485 I included the new AIR sofa bed.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 02:30 AM   #13
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Since the cat is out of the bag, how bout the mattress out of the camera??

That said, since it was still in the"design" stage, it might be different than this.

Yours truly, who had all kinds of MAJOR trouble with our Sofabedfromhe**, laid on this at the factory, and have to say, twas not bad, not bad at all!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:18 AM   #14
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
No problem here, either. Our granddaughters use the sofabed. And we have the desk chair. There is room to walk around the sofabed without moving anything.

Our "winter configuration" is the stock location for the sofabed and recliner. Our "rest of the year configuration" has the sofabed along the large rear window and the recliner where the sofa used to be, on the side. For winter we move the sofabed because it covers one of the furnace vents. In any case, the sofabed works fine in both configurations. No problem.

We have the large coffee table from CW, the one where the top lifts up and back to act as a desktop (Vicki's laptop desk, in other words). We just move it aside when opening the sofabed. Not a problem.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 03:23 AM   #15
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

When I ordered my 3485 I included the new AIR sofa bed.
Hear, hear!! Congratulations, Glenn and Lorraine! Tell us more.

We have a residential sofabed in our rig, having given away the oem sofabed. When we saw the air sofabed at the rally factory tour, Vicki said had that been available when we ordered our 3400 we would have it instead. We got to sit on it in bed and in sofa configuration. Very comfortable. And it appeared to be very well-built. The air bladder was heavy. Press a button and it fills. Nice. Very nice.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:24 AM   #16
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I'll probably miss out on the sofa bed feature - based on assembly date. Boy it's hard to catch all of the cool stuff Keystone is doing in one year. - sofa bed, 3485RL, Big Sky....that's just the stuff I missed.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:39 AM   #17
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
I still wonder how well that air bed is going to hold up. For those of us that use our hide-a-bed 3 to 4 days a week for 6 months straight, I just dont think that air bed is going to stand the test of time. Not sure what the neighbors would think when I am blowing up that mattress at 1 or 2am when we normally go to bed. Will be interesting to see.
Old 11-21-2006, 09:48 AM   #18
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
So Dave,

when you gettin the new unit, and what one???

The fabric, material, whatever, makes up that mattress, felt pretty substantial to me, you let me know how it holds up, OK???
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 10:26 AM   #19
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Dave, it has a very strong air bladder and also has a builtin compressor. Just push the button and wait for it to inflate. And it's comfortable! I would have no problem with having that sofabed in ours. Our granddaughters use our sofabed, so it gets a fair amount of use.

Glenn, is that new sofabed an option now? Do you recall how much more it is than the standard sofabed (or is the old one even offered now?). Thanks.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:57 AM   #20
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Carol,
I can't say... Remember...