Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #21
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I am like a couple of others here. On a rainy day its easier to throw a roast in the oven and watch movies. I have the pizza stone on the bottom rack of the oven because everyone said it made their oven work better. I have had no problems and can't tell much difference from my home oven. With that said I should probably tell you I have only used my home oven about 5 times in the last year. It is so much easier to eat out.

Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2006, 08:16 AM   #22
drifus
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #4711
Send a message via Yahoo to drifus
Well we used it a little at first but it was not accurate, then Beth read and learned the 1/2 time over. Just the other day I said that next time I would not have the oven but maybe put a second microwave there to compliment the micro/halftime oven.
drifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 03:34 PM   #23
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Vicki does the cooking around here but I have observed it a bit. The 1/2 time oven is used 99.9% of the time. She loves that oven. But, last week the turkey would not fit in the 1/2 time so she used the propane over for that. I prefer the 1/2 time be used as much as possible because we do not pay for electricity in this park.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2006, 11:32 AM   #24
gordonstephens

M.O.C. #6634
We use our oven a lot, I cook cakes in it, just today dw cooked two cakes for Christmas. Some days we do not use it.But it is there when we need it. Would rather have a freezer,
In Fl for the winter from Tenn
gordonstephens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 06:03 AM   #25
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
I have used the propane oven a little. But I also have a toaster/convection oven.
Don calls it my "Susie home bake oven" I use that a lot. Bake cakes,cookies,roast,biscuits, frozen waffles and everything. Use it almost everyday. I take it out in winter and use it in the stick house. Easier than using the big oven in the house.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 09:12 AM   #26
texdeano
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4480
Send a message via Yahoo to texdeano
All I have to say is don't depend on the 1/2 time oven to last very long as there sure is a lot of them stop after very litle use including our's.We have another one ordered but I plan on keepng the gas oven forever.
texdeano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2006, 12:10 PM   #27
rlrich
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #5319
Back in 2004 we ordered a new Cougar. At that time we were told there was a shortage of ovens and could not get one. They gave us the 1/2 time oven "in place of". We really missed the propane oven when the 1/2 time quit working. We have both in our Montana and use both depending on what we need. As someone stated before, we sometimes cook or bake in things that won't fit in the 1/2 time. I was glad to have the propane oven when the 1/2 time quit working in our Montana also.
rlrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2007, 07:52 PM   #28
kmh3212
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6735
I bought a Sharp microwave convection oven from Wally world for $168 and replaced the microwave with it. In the summer we can bake now! I took the metal brackets off the old Dometic one and screwed them on the new Sharp and wallah! No need for the hot and smelly gas one anymore.
kmh3212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 09:51 AM   #29
rickety
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4855
I use the oven all the time. Works well, have found it runs aobut 50 degrees low, so have adjusted accordingly. I use a unglazed mexican qaurry tile in the bottom and it spreads the heat evenly.
rickety is offline   Reply With Quote