Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Full Timing in your Montana
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2006, 11:12 AM   #1
tmarshall
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6027
MyDakotaAddress.com

Does anybody have any experience with a South Dakota mail forwarding service called mydakotaaddress.com? I am thinking about hiring them to forward my mail and to help me declare residency. Thanks.

tmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 02:34 PM   #2
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Tim,
Dont have any experience with them, but would suggest looking into Alternative Resource mailing service. (I am pretty sure thats the name) Anyhow, I have a few good friends who are fulltiming and use them. They have their address out or Rapid City, SD. If memory is right, they are right downtown on Main Street in Rapid City.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
We use this service and they are great people. Got a call out of the blue and told that I was getting some mail. Had started the service and they wanted to make sure I was understanding how it worked. They will also pick your license plates and pay your sales tax for you. For a fee will do this service, they are right next to the county treasurer's office. Talk to Terry, she will explain everything to you and also send a packet of information to get started. My insurance rates went down from what it is in the Black Hills. Think it is because they don't have as many comp claims because of deer hits in that part of the state. The only reason to return to SD is to apply for your drivers license and that is only once every 5 yrs. Very happy with the service so far. Any other questions feel free to PM me.

Remember the........

Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:11 PM   #4
jsrang
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1726
Tim,
Have not used them but instead use Alternative Resources out of Sioux Falls SD. Their site is www.alternativeresources.net. We have been using them for about 2 years with no problems whatsoever. You can pull up their website to check out the advantages of which there are many. You can PM me if you have any specific questions.

Jim
jsrang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2006, 04:49 PM   #5
patodonn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #331
Likewise... with Alt Resources for over 3 1/2 yrs.

Remember, your address with them is not "P.O. Box something or other" It is a street address, followed by " #(something)"....reads just like an apartment address would. I receive meds and other things without problem through them....but, you are paying for the extra shipping, and it takes 10 days or so to get mail from the time it is initially sent to you since it has to go througjh SD and be remailed.
patodonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:41 AM   #6
tmarshall
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6027
well, I decided to go with the UPS Store in Rapid City. the people are great and the owner says that all the personal mailboxes they have are rented by full time RVers. I got a great deal. The only downfall to the UPS Store is that they charge $4 handling fee each time they send a package plus postage. I only expect to receive mail about once a month since I also have a different address for most mail. I went to SD on Tuesday and got a mail box (physical address), licence and registered the vehicles. The customer service is great in the whole city and Pennington County does not like taxes so it is cheaper than Sioux Falls. Thanks for all the great input.
tmarshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 10:09 AM   #7
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
Tim,
Glad to hear you were able to get things set up. Oh how I miss the days of living in Rapid City, cheaper insurance, cheaper plates, cheaper tabs, cheaper drivers license, cheaper fuel, cheaper, cheaper, cheaper everything! =)
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:29 AM   #8
Bob & Lee
Montana Master

M.O.C. #718
we have been using americas mailbox two years now and have had great service they are in Rapid city, found the county it is in is cheaper no wheel tax and is closer to where we are for now. http://www.americas-mailbox.com/
Bob & Lee is offline   Reply With Quote