Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 10-07-2006, 04:43 AM   #1
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Send a message via MSN to LonnieB
Balloon Fiesta

I have been watching the Albuquerque Balloon Fiesta on television this morning and thought about Ozz. You got out in the nick of time, hahaha. This morning is the kick-off with the mass asccention of over 700 balloons, around 100,000 people in the park, and a wad of traffic that looked a whole lot like a can of worms. The balloons are really neat though, especially the odd shaped ones. There are some that make you wonder how they ever got them in the air, a pig, Pepsi can, football, twin bee's, octopus, and the one that got me, a huge stagecoach. The logistics of this event must be a real nightmare. Oops, the Wells Fargo stagecoach just had to set down, too much wind, the bee's too. Oh well...... You can see a live stream of this if your interested at this site.

www.kobtv.com

LonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 06:39 AM   #2
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Lonnie thanks for the web site and making me really sorry I'm not there! LOL When we use to go to the local balloon festival, my daughter and granddaughter volunteered. Since my daughter had had experience with hot air balloons when she lived in Michigan, they got to help with the balloons. One year they helped with the Tom and Jerry ice cream cone. It is very large. They had fun, we got to meet all the crew and got a lot of free ice cream.
Happy trails....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 07:23 AM   #3
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
Glad you liked it Sue, I didn't know if anyone was interested in that sorta stuff, as I am, but thought I'd throw it out anyway.
Old 10-07-2006, 10:22 AM   #4
Wrenchtraveller
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4890
That would be the neatest thing to see live, I gotta do that someday.
Wrenchtraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:35 AM   #5
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Lonnie
Since our festival is pretty small, they do the night glow right on the field where the wine tasting and concerts are. The first year we went our granddaughter, Karly, was only about 8 or 9. They asked her if she wanted to hold the fan. We got to go right up close and she climbed in the basket and the owner explained exactly how everything worked. It was really interesting. For those of you who don't know what a night glow is, the night before the accension they tether the balloon and inflate them. They glow! and dance. If the guys are good they dance to the music. It is really awesome. We could see all of this from our site in the campground and the next morning the balloons were right over our heads.

Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 02:00 PM   #6
LonnieB
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6150
I know exactly what you mean Sue, the balloon glow is one of the coolest things to watch. The people at these gatherings are a lot like the people on this forum, they look after each other, and enjoy involving the interested, especially the kids. It's one of the few sports that thrives on spectator participation.
Wrenchtraveller, if you ever get the opportunity to watch, or participate, don't pass it up. You'll love it.

BTW Sue, great picture.