Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 08-30-2005, 07:56 AM   #1
bigrockbruce
Established Member

M.O.C. #4292

We are a little slow in introducing ourselves since we joined the forum on Aug 1,2005. To date we have received several messages from you fine members on our first 2 posting questions so I want to thank you all for your advise.
Bruce has worked for Puget Sound Energy in Washington State for 33 years. He is a service lineman and plans to retire in about 4 years. When he isn’t working around our 7 acres here in Duvall, he loves to watch “his” Mariners, Seahawks, Sonics and Huskies. Yes, I know they have struggled lately but Bruce still keeps the faith.
I (Linda) have helped him raise our 3 boys. They are 29, 26 & 23 and sorta on their own. We have traveled with them to many parts of the country watching them play baseball and basketball. I have also enjoyed being an Avon representative for the past 23 years.
Today is Bruce’s 56th birthday and boy did he go all out this year on the present for himself. He bought a Wedgwood Blue 2005 FORD F350 – 6.0 diesel – 4X4 – long bed on Aug 12 and our 3295RL on Aug 19th.
We are busy buying and getting everything ready for our first trip out. We have one (we hope not major) problem that Bruce is working on. As he was towing the 5th wheeler home from the dealer in Burlington, his truck brake controller flashed red and then back to normal green. The flashing red light indicated that he had problem with the brakes and or the connection. We have the factory installed trailer brake system on the Ford. Bruce talked to the RV service department yesterday but the service manager advised him to take the truck into Ford to have them trace the electrical problem. He didn’t think it was a problem with the 5th wheeler. We’ll see! We have an appointment for the truck on Wed. but after reading many of your postings regarding braking issues Bruce doesn’t think it is a truck issue. He just knows he isn’t going to tow it until this braking situation is cleared up and we hope we won’t have a problem with the RV service people coming to our house to fix it.
I/we are so pleased that we were told about this website and hopefully we will get to meet some of you on our trips.
Have a great day!
Linda

bigrockbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 08:22 AM   #2
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
Linda-
Glad to see the browser changes are working and you are back with the MOC.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 10:20 AM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Bruce and Linda
Hope you get your problems taken care of soon. Happy Birthday Bruce!
Welcome to the forum.
Happy trails...................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:07 PM   #4
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Bruce and Linda, Welcome to the Moc and congratulations on the new Montana and TV. Boy that is a great Birthday present. We all look forward to seeing your post and hearing about all your great adventures. Happy RVing.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 11:09 PM   #5
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Bruce and Linda,
Congratulations on the birthday present. I can not help on the brake controller but there are a few threads here that point to a trailer problem in wiring vice a truck problem. Good luck.
Bruce, thanks for all the support on the power lines. That is rough and thankless work many times. Enjoy.
Good luck and tow safe.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 04:01 AM   #6
Sunshine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2018
Glad you could join us. Hope you get to make that first trip in the new Montana soon. Safe travels.
Sunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:20 AM   #7
melnjoy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1935
Linda & Bruce,
Congrats on the new toys! We live in Marysville, WA so I guess we are practicly neighbors! So, hi neighbor! Bruce, happy birthday to you. Look forward to hearing and hopefully seeing you. Maybe at the Reno Rally? Take care.

Joy
melnjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 09:03 AM   #8
tollmann
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1824
Welcome to the forum
tollmann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 02:42 PM   #9
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
welcome!
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 03:27 AM   #10
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Congratulations on the new rig and welcome to the MOC. I think you are entirely wise to get whatever brake issue resolved. Too much is at stake. Happy RVing.....
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 07:25 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Welcome aboard, Linda and Bruce!

First, the brake controller. We have the same controller. Several people in this forum have encountered what you have. In all but possibly one case the problem was with the trailer. Most were bad connections inside the brake hub. One or two were bad connections in the trailer wiring just outside the hub, on the inside of the wheels. Pull on the wires at those connections to see if any are loose. They are notorious for this. What you are seeing is that you now have an intelligent brake controller that recognizes a problem in the brake wiring and tells you about it. It still could be in the truck but I'd put my money on it being in the trailer wiring somewhere. If you can find the threads on this topic and print them out, show them to your Montana dealer.

Congratulations on the new Montana. We still enjoy our 3295RK very much and feel it's the best model for us. There are so many great models nowadays that it's hard to choose but we sure like this model.

Congratulations on your new truck, too. I am totally pleased with how ours performs and our Montana is loaded about as heavily as you can load them.

I hope you get the brake problem fixed quickly.

Since you are in Washington state, maybe you can make it to our rally near Minden, NV, in early October. That would be a good opportunity to get to meet a number of our members.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 09:55 AM   #12
Wordsmith
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3215
Just wanted to say that I like your taste in trucks, but also the color. I have been dead set on green on my vehicles for the last 10 years, but when it came time to look for a new F-250 back in February, I really did not like the new green Ford was offering. I would have to look closely to distinguish if it was green or black. Marsha had been steering me toward the Wedgewood Blue with the tan trim for some time, and when I decided green was not going to work, it moved to the front of my list. Now, I believe it is absolutely the best color available. My neighbor is a Dodge man, but when I brought the F-250 home for the first time, he could not stop ranting about the color. In fact he declared it was the best looking truck he had ever seen!
Wordsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 02:59 PM   #13
montanared
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #3903
Welcome, and I agree that this group has been a bounty of excellent information and great advice. The things I have learned here.... well you just can't put a price on it! Every person I have communicated with has added joy to my life...
montanared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2005, 04:56 PM   #14
Just148
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1043
Welcome to the MOC and I hope that everything is ok.
Just148 is offline   Reply With Quote