Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Tow Vehicles & Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2004, 08:57 AM   #1
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
My 2003 Ford Truck Should of been Yellow

Just an update (we're home in between shows) my Ford has been in the dealership now almost 6 weeks in Traverse City. I called today and they said "oh, it was fixed yesterday". My reaction was "we're you going to call me?"

We of course are not going to pick it up unless someone there can drive it for several days and convince me by going up hills that it won't break down again.

Last phone call to my attorney was on Tuesday, he said that he should hear any day now, today is Thursday and so far nothing. I am hoping that he is in court as we speak on behalf of me. He stated that once he files he usaully hears in about 2 weeks.

Keep your fingers crossed for me. If I didn't have to haul horses around I would probably try and work it out, but I can't depend on this truck anymore for it's intended use!!!

P.S. My husbands GMC has been a dream. Hauled the horses and the Montana like a breeze. Just having one truck to do both has been a real pain in the @$$.

Sue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 09:03 AM   #2
CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #191
OK, Sue,

Not happy reading about all your trouble, but, here is the important question:

How is your daughter doing in the shows????

Fingers are crossed here.
CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 10:13 AM   #3
lightningjack11
Montana Master

M.O.C. #59
Sorry about your problems Sue. I guess Ford has bought a lot of the early 2003's back and I know after repair they will make it back out there somewhere.

I guess you know about www.thedieselstop.com for Ford diesels. Hopefully the problems with these engines will go away. Makes a carfax report more valuable.
lightningjack11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2004, 03:05 PM   #4
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Sue, I have to agree with you yours has had an inordinate amount of problems and I'd be just as upset. I know those trucks are very capable tow-ers and should do a great job for you. But yours isn't and that's not acceptable. Good luck with yours. I know one person who got his bought back, an early one like yours. He bought another, newer of the same thing and is very happy with that one. But, you never know. Good luck.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2004, 05:06 AM   #5
Flastro
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1393
Sue, sorry about all of the misfortune on that truck, I have had both Chevys and Fords and so far have been pretty lucky. Once in awhile a bad one gets off the line , while your browsing, also check out www.thedieselpage.com , its a GM page like the Ford site that Tom mentions , if you spend enough time checking it out you will see all manufactures have issues at times, Im not partial to either make, I like both as long as they do the job they were purchased for.....Good Luck and I hope it all works out for you
Flastro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 05:11 AM   #6
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Well, per my attorney, we have a new truck. We ended up with 2004 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually. I like it so far. Has that quick pick up like my husbands GMC, but is way more comfortable inside than his.

We leave for Kentucky today in my husbands truck, so when we get back I will have to drive the Dodge more to let you all know how it's going.

P.S. My 17 year old daughter loves the new Dodge. I was in shock, so I guess that's a good thing.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:17 AM   #7
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by CountryGuy

How is your daughter doing in the shows????

Fingers are crossed here.
Dear CountryGuy,
Thanks for asking on the daughter. She is doing great. If anyone has been watching the show jumping on the Olympics, that's the height and same size ring she was doing at the Young Riders Competition. The "Chef D Keep" @ Young Riders was so pleased that she was even able to get around being it was her first time at that height. Her fences and the olympic ones are 5'ft The one rider on the U.S.A team, McLain Ward started our horse that she took to Young Riders (she has actually 3 horses right now)..

You all take care.
Old 08-25-2004, 05:45 AM   #8
prariepoodle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #450
Send a message via Yahoo to prariepoodle
Montana Sue, So glad that your daughter is doing so well and having a lot of fun doing it.

So sorry to hear about your truck and by now hope that they have it all fixed for you. Please keep us posted on the progress.
prariepoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 04:16 AM   #9
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Well, so far I like my new Dodge. Notice I didn't say LOVE yet!

The manual states to put 500 miles on it, then tow the first 500 miles at 50 mph...so I will see then I guess, looking forward to the first tow.

Guys out there, I don't know much about engines, but its the cummings I guess, way, way quiter than my ford. You can't even tell it's a diesel standing next to it.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old 09-04-2004, 07:05 AM   #10
NJ Hillbilly
Montana Master

M.O.C. #242
Why not another GM? Do they get along at night when parked near each other ?

John
NJ Hillbilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2004, 07:22 AM   #11
Sue
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1356
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by NJ Hillbilly

Why not another GM? Do they get along at night when parked near each other ?

John
Just didn't want to have 2 of the same vehicles, wanted to have diiferent rides.

I like the tow on the GMC, but the inside is way too uncomfortable for me.....my husband agrees. Its not leather, material and they are nothing like the dodge, which I got leather.

Old 09-05-2004, 08:13 AM   #12
Montana_381
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #381
We're sorry to hear about the problems with the Ford but congratulate you (and your attorney) on the Dodge!

Montana_381 is offline   Reply With Quote