Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2011, 04:00 AM   #1
dandt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7142
Awoke to SNOW

Can not believe my eyes, it was cold, husband turned on propane furance(we hardly ever turn it on) and looked outside and everything is white including Monty. And snow was falling. Then I thought maybe i should look at the calendar, NO it is May 27th. I guess when you are at the base of the Tetons in Wyoming you should prepare for anything. Looked forward on weather forecast and should be warming come Tuesday. Sure hope so, this desert blood is not used to 32degrees. Well gotta go get ready for work. That's another topic all in its self. Have a great day everyone.

dandt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 12:33 PM   #2
DonandJudy_12
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3206
Into each life, some rain must fall ( in your case, it's snow )- The bright side is the snow will melt and you'll still be as close to heaven as you can get on earth!!!! Been there and done that more than once and welcome to the next time!!! JHMO- Don
DonandJudy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #3
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
You're right in the middle of this snow/wind/rain mess that's hitting Wyoming and Montana. I read this morning that one of the main roads into Yellowstone is closed because of snow, and parts of the park are closed for the same reason.

We'd planned to have a family barbeque tomorrow, but after we woke up to snowflakes and wind and checked the Weather Channel, we decided we needed to wait a month or longer. We had snow at noon yesterday, a snow shower or two today, and snow predicted tomorrow with a high in the mid-30s.

Memorial Day? Pinch me--I think the calendar is wrong.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 05:23 AM   #4
Capt Kidd
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6933
We just returned from a weekend in Hat Creek, CA near Burney Falls and had snow Sat night and Sunday am. And this is late spring early summer in sunny California.
Capt Kidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2011, 06:29 AM   #5
The Dukes
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7451
Where do you guys stay when at Hat Creek?

Thanks, Warren
The Dukes is offline   Reply With Quote