Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Myrtle Beach in the rain

It was a fast run from Lejeune to Ocean Lakes and of course the rain followed us again. At least it held off till we got setup. We are one site back from the front row in H section. There is a brisk off shore wind so we can at least have the awning out and the rig blocks the wind. Sure getting tired of rain, it seems like it rains till we roll out and then the sun comes out until we arrive then it rains again. I shouldn't have done that rain dance in my youth, hmmm when was that anyhow?? We will stay here for at least two days and maybe a third. Then we will head to Charleston hopefully for the weekend. I hope they call me back soon as I am not sure where we will spend Thanksgiving if Oak Plantation is filled for the weekend. Ocean lakes will be full by Wednesday. Skidaway State Park is supposed to be filled for the weekend so Dave (Cmdr Dewy) if you are reading this we should be back Sunday or Monday when things clear out. We had a great time with Rosetta and George (Jaybird) at Camp LeJeune even if we didn't catch much, the "fishing" was good... Dave

Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 10:17 AM   #2
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
We arrived at Barnyard RV Campground in Lexington, SC around 2PM. It began to rain about halfway here and it is still raining. Rosetta and I set up in the rain. This is a nice campground and it will be full by Thursday. We will stay here until Saturday and spend Thanksgiving with our son and his famiy. He is stationed at Fort Jackson.
Rosetta and I enjoyed the week with Dave and Betsy. As he said the fishing was fun even though we did not have much luck. We will head home from here and probably stay there until after Christmas. After that who knows.
Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:02 AM   #3
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Dave, get on the Georgia State Parks reservations website for Skidaway, put your info in and sit there checking the calendar availability over and over and over. We just secured Thanksgiving this morning after calling the office about cancellations ever hour on the hour. We could get a spot up to the 26th and after, but not the 26th until this morning. Be patient and persistent. We're in site 76 until 12/4 - hopefully longer if Holly will let us. Hope we get to see you and Betsy soon!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 11:08 AM   #4
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Well, shoot, Dave. I reread your post and you won't even be here until after Thanksgiving. I'm such a doofus sometimes! Anyway, it will be good to see you and Betsy.
Old 11-22-2009, 11:39 AM   #5
Tom S.
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7500
For a guy that spent his work life in the water, you sure complain about it a lot!

I thought you'd be used to it by now.
Tom S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #6
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
Good job guys! Nothing else to do today anyway. I'm nursing a cold but should be better tomorrow. Plan on dinner at our place tomorrow. OK?
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
Hold on to your socks and underwear, the wind is up and it ain't happy. The weather report says 10 to 20 mph, more like 30 with gusts to 45. Tomorrow it is supposed to be about 5 to 10 but still rainy. I guess I will have to run to the kite store
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 12:38 PM   #8
CmdrDewey
Montana Master

M.O.C. #433
It just dawned on me that you said you were coming back Sunday or Monday. If you do, you are included in that invite to Bob and Pam. FYI the only site currently open in that little loop is #7. The other 50 amp loop is pretty full as well. See you soon
CmdrDewey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 02:14 PM   #9
8.1al
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1658
Wanted to use some spray foam to plug some critter holes today. The instructions said "Works best at 40% humidity and higher". Well shoot, it's only 20% here in Pahrump, NV. Hope you guys get dried out soon
8.1al is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2009, 03:38 PM   #10
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
Charlie - get our of Paruph and come to Vegas - we will be there Tuesday.
David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:31 AM   #11
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
David, this has really become the social networking site! We would really enjoy sharing dinner with you and Kathy tonight. What time? I'll walk over in a little bit to visit.