Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 11-11-2009, 05:42 AM   #1
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
When Will It Go Away

We left Fayetteville going to Camp Lejune yesterday with a few sprinkle of rain.That was ok because the sun came out, great. Met some nice people next to us. Then it started to rain. We got everything set just in time before it started to pour like crazy. In the process of setting up George had to level the trailer some. Off a little he says it's ok. I go in I can tell from standing it's off some. Still raining hard. George notice that water is coming under the fridge. He says we can wait until morning to relevel the travel.
I watch and watch I don't like what I see. So in the rain in the dark we unhook and relevel the trailer. Right on the money we are level.I can now add one more thing I can do with the monty. Back up in the dark and hook the trailer up. Now the only leak we have is the vent dehind the stove. All that takes is closing the vent up. Rain Rain Rain when will it go away.
Rosetta

Jay Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:43 AM   #2
H. John Kohl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #311
Send a message via AIM to H. John Kohl Send a message via MSN to H. John Kohl Send a message via Yahoo to H. John Kohl
Well tell George the fish don't care so enjoy fishing.
H. John Kohl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:46 AM   #3
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
John it is raining so hard no one is fishing. We have ponds all the camping area. It has rained non stop since yesterday.
Rosetta
Old 11-11-2009, 08:12 AM   #4
tim43
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9178
George, FYI, the rain has let up for a while here in Fayetteville. Last time I was at Lejune camping, there was a battery of 105s doing their thing about 400 meters away. Tim
tim43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:52 AM   #5
capn chris
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2586
Send a message via AIM to capn chris Send a message via Yahoo to capn chris
From the forecast, George will need 5 oz. or more to hold the bottom and to cast into the wind!!!
capn chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:04 AM   #6
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
Jay Bird, we for sure feel the rain. We were setting in Gulf Shores the last week or so, the weather has been great. Then Hurricane Ida shows up in the Gulf of Mexico. We decide to go North about 100 miles. Got set up Sunday afternoon nice day. Next morning very cloudy, very calm then at 1:.30 pm Monday it starts raining and didn't stop until 10:00 pm Tuesday night we had no wind. We got about 7" of rain, and everyone who has furr kids no what a problem in walking them, well I have a rain suit, but its really hard to hold the umbrella for our dog "Montana" while he takes care of business. But everything turn out ok no body was hurt and no damage. We are back in Gulf shores area. Life is good. GBY...
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:38 AM   #7
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
Send a message via Yahoo to NCFischers
George,
Things could be worse. Just be glad you're not on a golf outing.
NCFischers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:15 AM   #8
Exnavydiver
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7753
Send a message via AIM to Exnavydiver Send a message via MSN to Exnavydiver Send a message via Yahoo to Exnavydiver
We were supposed to meet George and Rosetta up there tomorrow, but after talking to them on the phone we decided to wait till Saturday to head up there. Raining pretty hard here in Savannah, and it is starting to bring down tree limbs. We will be glad when it dries up a bit.
George, check those soft gaskets around the kitchen slide also... Dave
Exnavydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 11:34 AM   #9
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Bring that rain to California, if that was only possable.
I guess that that is a good time to think about slide toppers to direct that much water off the slides as possable.
It wouldnt be so bad if there was no water comming in. sorta makes the day a mess.
Old 11-11-2009, 11:41 AM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
George & Rosetta,
Did you find where the water was coming from? If you have seen my previous post on the refrigerator vents and a cheep, easy fix, it may help.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Who cares about the rain. Rosetta, backing up and hooking up in the dark?? Wahoo, girl. You rock!!
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:16 PM   #12
Trailer Trash 2
Montana Master

M.O.C. #639
Is all that weather from that Huracane that just hit the east coast, or thats normal stuff.
Old 11-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #13
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
A lot of it is from the hurricane and the rest is from a nor-easter. They joined forces.
Old 11-12-2009, 09:51 AM   #14
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
We have had about 4 inches of rain so far with more on the way this afternoon. Hopefully tomorrow it will begin to clear up. As far as the leak, I had the monty a little high on the driver side. Once leveled the leak stopped. What I think from this was the wind was blowing cross wise, hard and getting under the slide topper. Water was getting on the slide and because of the angle came under the rubber gasket. I do not think the gasket was fully extended. After releveling, and reopening the slides everything worked as it should.
Chris, you are right it will take a heavy weight and a strong arm to get any distance in his wind and surf. I am going to fish the intercostal waterway for trout tomorrow and hit the coast side Sunday.
Don If I had a way to get this rain to CA I would. It is the hardest rain on record for this area in Nov.
Delaine and Lindy. We two fur kids and let me tell you I know what you are talking about. Ours got soaked everytime we went out. Good thing we had lots of towels we brought with us to dry them off. Plus we have a hair dryer for them.
Jim. I left the golf sticks home. No room with the rods.
Tim. More deployments this time. No cannon noise.
Next week looks a lot better. Then the real fishing will begin.
Old 11-12-2009, 03:08 PM   #15
NCFischers
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8728
George,
It looks like it will start drying up tomorrow. We didn't have anywhere the rain today as we did yesterday. See you Saturday.
Jim
Old 11-13-2009, 11:34 AM   #16
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
The weather is looking good for the rest of the week and next. It is still windy now but by Sunday the temp will be in the mid 70s. Hooray
Old 11-17-2009, 11:59 AM   #17
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Rosetta and Geo... I could almost hear your conversation the first night between the two of you. Glad that it maybe drying out. We hope the fishing will be good but know too that churning maybe causing "fish confusion". Hope it is good fishin' wish we were there...
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 03:49 AM   #18
RCMP03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7063
Sorry, what is rain again?
RCMP03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 01:45 PM   #19
Jay Bird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6831
Well Mother Nature has not been nice to us. The fish are not biting and it is raining again. It looks possible that Friday will be a clear day but I wont hold my breath on it. We will be moving on to Lexington, SC Sunday to spend Thanksgiving with our son and his family. He is stationed at Fort Jackson. I wont be fishing there but hope the weather will be better.