Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2009, 06:17 AM   #1
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
GM ??????

It sounds as if GM hasn't made much progress in comming up with changes. And in 3 days they have to tell Congress something. There is also, according to the big board, that GM is talking of filing chapter 11. How could this have gotten to this point. It is very upsetting for a company as great as GM has been may go under. But GM and the UAW talks broke down yesterday but will talk again today. The sticking point seems to be benefits! And so it goes. This isn't doom and gloom, just happens to be a fact. GBY....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:40 AM   #2
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
I think GM is much like the government; too large and set in their spending ways to change. I hate to see them go belly up, but if it happens, so be it. I think we are headed for terrible times anyway. Even Toyota is looking bad. They are talking pay cuts and buy outs. Hope the '04 will last awhile.
SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 12:51 PM   #3
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
GM's problem is the same as Ford's and Chrysler's...U N I O N.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:05 PM   #4
SlickWillie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6575
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by TLightning

GM's problem is the same as Ford's and Chrysler's...U N I O N.
People like you tend to amaze me. Management can make millions of bucks a year, fail to adjust their company's products to current market demands, and still, the working man is all to blame for their failure in the market place.

You don't suppose the current economic crisis has anything to do with GM, Ford, and Chrysler's demise do you? As I mentioned above, Toyota seems to be following suit, and I don't think they have a labor union involved. Only thing is, with Toyota, the employees will just have to grin and bear it. They have no say in the matter at all.

SlickWillie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
RVWheels
Moderator Emeritus

M.O.C. #29
It is obvious that this thread is going in a direction that does not fit with the MOC. I think some other Forum might appreciate this type of thing.

Thank you. This thread is being closed.

RVWheels
RVWheels is offline   Reply With Quote