Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 02-11-2009, 02:39 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Value of the MOC

Why do we bother to post stories of our repairs and post pictures? It may be a bit of trouble, but when someone posts that they inspected their unit and found that they, too, have the same serious problem you dealt with, because you posted, then it is all worth it. The MOC helps to keep one another safe. Happy RVing..........

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:49 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Absolutely!

Through the winter months waiting for our 2007 to come in, I had compiled a list of around 50 things that needed checked or fixed that I read about on the MOC. Things like tightening the screws in the electrical panel, tightening all the fittings in the convenience center, caulking the slide tape seals, etc........ We have had very few problems, and I would like to think it was because I was able to do the preventative checks.

Some of the things on my list didn't apply anymore, because Keystone had actually fixed or redesigned them. I would also like to think that was also because THEY periodically monitor the MOC as well.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:54 AM   #3
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Stiles,

Your are absolutely correct. The sharing makes us all a little bit safer. I have learned all sorts of valuable information. And this includes the info about the deterioration of the shackles. Some years ago an ex-member posted that as he pulled into his driveway the coach body fell onto the wheels! Turned out the shackles had worn completely through!

This caused me to immediately have our rig looked at for this problem. At the time they were OK but within a year we did have to change them.

If this member had not shared that information I'm almost certain that my rig would have ended up broken along some road. So thank you one and all for your continued sharing.

Dennis
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:07 AM   #4
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Absolutly correct.Yes we have had our problems but we feel we have avoided many, many more by the experience and advise of other MOC members.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:00 AM   #5
kilch123
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9104
bsmeaton - would you mind publishing that list? I should probably run thru my new unit. I'm all for preventive rather than reactive maintenance! Much cheaper that way.

Thanks!

kilch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:02 AM   #6
DarMar
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1034
Absolutely correct. Just another form of Paying it Forward, makes one feel good!!!
2017/3721RL/Legacy Pkg./Pressure-Pro
DarMar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 05:55 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kilch123

bsmeaton - would you mind publishing that list? I should probably run thru my new unit. I'm all for preventive rather than reactive maintenance! Much cheaper that way.
I wished I would have kept it! It was a crumpled and folded and red-marked sigh of relief when I was done and I'm afraid it went out with the pushbroom along with the Camping World bags and boxes and spare parts.

However, if you start a new thread and ask for things to check on a new unit, I've got about 10 things at the top of my head I could contribute. You'll get plenty of input and some more specific to your unit. You might put it in the Montana tech help or general category instead of this one, as it will get better tech visibility.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:58 AM   #8
Clyde n Deb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #3477
This forum has saved me a lot of grief and helped perform some great fixes to my unit I would have never thought of alone. Great people and great ideas.
Clyde n Deb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 11:33 AM   #9
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Well, This being our only RV, I can only say "DITTO" to what has been said. I really don't know where I would be right now if not for this forum. You have probably seen my quote "This is The Best Darned Forum on the WWW", I truly believe this. THANKS TO EVERYONE WHO POSTS!!!!
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:52 PM   #10
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
We, too, have benefited from others' posts about problems, modifications, sights to see, and places to stay. Even though we have only attended one rally, it was so nice to meet people face to face there, and then to meet others here and there along the road. I second exav8tr, "Thanks to everyone who posts!"

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:23 PM   #11
hazmic
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4962
The wealth of knowledge is bigger then big from being a member of MOC. Those that do not belong have no idea what they are missing. It's fun to go to my dealer and telling him about things that I pick up here and then weeks later he found out that I was not telling him some story. Sad part my dealer dose not want to look at MOC. His loss. MOC was talked about at a showing from Keystone when the Big Sky just came out again.
hazmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #12
noneck
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6263
Send a message via AIM to noneck
Affirmative we were able to avoid pitfalls in determining our problems and just get r done. Thanks!
noneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:29 PM   #13
kilch123
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #9104
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by kilch123

I wished I would have kept it! It was a crumpled and folded and red-marked sigh of relief when I was done and I'm afraid it went out with the pushbroom along with the Camping World bags and boxes and spare parts.

However, if you start a new thread and ask for things to check on a new unit, I've got about 10 things at the top of my head I could contribute. You'll get plenty of input and some more specific to your unit. You might put it in the Montana tech help or general category instead of this one, as it will get better tech visibility.
Thanks - I surely will
kilch123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #14
David and Jo-Anna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6022
We personally have benefited over and over again by members posting their experiences - we are so grateful. Moc is the first place we go when we have a question or a problem to be solved - the responses from our members have saved us so many times.

David and Jo-Anna is offline   Reply With Quote