Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2008, 07:52 PM   #1
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Mission Accomplished

Last week I towed the Montana over to Doran Beach at Bodega Bay for 8 days. Accompanied by my daughter and our little 5 pound Malti-poo dog we enjoyed some of the best weather the summer had to offer. No wind, no clouds and about 85-90 degree weather. Doug stayed home and worked (someone had to) in Sacramento Valley's 104+ heat.

Things were going just fine at Doran Beach when about on the 6th day, another Montana came and set up camp two sites from us. ......*Oh boy, oh boy*...... Armed with my homemade MOC brochure & MOC business cards I headed over to "meet & greet" with them.

Just as I approached, coming out the entry door at the new prospective MOC member's Montana was a fine looking glass of wine in the right hand of Bill McCamy. (lijebaley). Some of you know him as the prosecutor at this year's Lake Siskiyou "MOC" murder trial. Right behind him with her glass of wine was his better half, Mariana. We spent a couple of delightful days camping with them.

We were also lucky enough to be right behind them in line at the RV dump and stood around with them while Bill did a commentary on the benefits of having a clear elbow on your sewer hose (he did). He let us know which items going down the hose were his and which were Mariana's. Looked like they had some great meals.

So, I failed miserably at that attempt to recruit new members, at least with them.

Luck did come to me when I found another Montana in the campground. It was a nice family from Concord, California. They had never heard of the MOC and were very interested, especially in the Lake Siskiyou rally. They accepted the homemade MOC brochure and our MOC business card. Turned out we have friends in common. Hopefully we'll be seeing them on here soon. They didn't look like the type to have a clear sewer elbow.

New member recruiting mission accomplished......

Margee.

D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:44 AM   #2
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
We spent the week in Bar Harbor Maine and while here we shared the campground with six other Montana's. Two were brand new and traveling together out of Arizona and the others were from various places. During the week we had two park in the sites right next to us. The interesting thing is that none of them had heard of the MOC. Of course, we introduced them to the concept and we hope that they will join in the fun on this forum. It was a great week of advertising for Keystone products as the campground seemed pretty populated with them.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:25 AM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Margee,
The visual was TMI. (LOL)

I have a clear elbow for Hanna. I would also be able to tell the difference.

Now, y'all should have broken out the lawn chairs, wine, and cheese, and watched the world go down! Now that would have been a story.

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote