Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 09-15-2006, 01:08 PM   #1
Wannabe Full-timer
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6190
Montana Carrying Capacity

In the Montana's specs listed on the Keystone site, does that indicate the amount of pounds in interior/garage cargo that the Monty is totally able to safely carry? Does this then also in essence reflect the amount of available storage space a particular model offers?

Wannabe Full-timer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 01:22 PM   #2
SKOOBDO
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5293
I don't believe the site or the brochures provide you with the actual cubic inches of the basement storage along with exactly how much weight the basement storage can hold. But, CC weight limits are for what the model can "safely" hold anywhere within the trailer for the axles sake. I'm sure someone will be along to give you some additional information. As far as my unit, I'm a little over the CC according to specs, but my unit should not fail because of that because I'm sure many folks are over especially if they full-time. Allison
SKOOBDO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 06:40 PM   #3
Montana Sky
Montana Master

M.O.C. #889
The 3400RL is 400 sq ft and has one of the smaller carrying capacities. It is also the longest coach in the Montana line up, even with both of these numbers there are smaller Montana's that have a larger carrying capacity. To answer your question, no the carrying capacity does not reflect the amount of storage a certain coach has.
Montana Sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 06:02 AM   #4
BillyRay
Montana Master

M.O.C. #607
I think the big question would actually be your towing capasity. These campers are big to start with, but also made well. I have no doubt it will carry what ever load we want them to (with in reason) just be aware of your TV capasity.
BillyRay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 11:24 AM   #5
Cat320
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5751
Keystone is very vague when it comes to cargo capacity. All the 3400s list the cargo capacity as being the same...regardless of options. The only way to get a true weight is to weigh it.
Cat320 is online now   Reply With Quote