Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #21
Ricos Ride
Established Member

M.O.C. #18095
Inside the park you’ll still have access to all the features. All the visitor centers are closed but the general stores in gift shops are open there’s Yellowstone forever Bookstore at West Thumb and Norris that are open and if you’re in West Yellowstone you may want to take a trip up to Quake Lake visitor Center. that will be open through the middle of September. As mentioned your best bet is to stay in West Yellowstone there are several RV parks there and also Island Park Idaho,they’re all close by

Ricos Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 05:08 PM   #22
davemitchell59
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #23524
We've been traveling for six weeks hitting many National Parks in the Rockies. We didn'thit Yellowstone though. The biggest thing I would recommend is to continually monitor the Yellowstone park site and Wyoming, Idaho, and Montana for Covid, or other, related updates.

Some parks we visited had some areas closed due to Covid. Most surrounding areas were open. Some required masks. Others didn't. Campgrounds were similar. Some required masks in the office. Others were not. I think most were following local requirements.
2017 Montana 3731FL
davemitchell59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:47 PM   #23
kjohn6363
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #24081
KOA at West Gate of Yellowstone
kjohn6363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 04:17 AM   #24
sohclover

M.O.C. #22429
Yellowstone Valley Inn , about 20 miles from entrance. Large pull through sites and restaurant and bar on site.
sohclover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 07:56 AM   #25
Dennis Richards

M.O.C. #24685
Yellowstone RV Parks

West Yellowstone Grizzly RV Park is where we stayed while visiting Yellowstone. It is more in the city, however, a great jumping off point for the area. 210 S. Electric Street, West Yellowstone, MT 59758. 406.646.4466
Dennis Richards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 09:09 AM   #26
richeyb
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #22661
Yellowstone National Park
Buffalo Crossing RV Park
West Yellowstone, ID spot 9, $26-$28 Good Sam discount.
This was the closest RV Park to west entry to Yellowstone National Park. It was a very nice park with all the center spaces pull through, with grass and a picnic table. 30/50 amp and full hookups. Rest rooms and shower area close by, key-coded for entry. Park associated with IMAX theater discounted tickets and also next to Visitor Center. Park entry within a mile. Town set up for tourist, shopping
Old 08-10-2020, 10:57 AM   #27
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
There will be enough stuff open for you to enjoy. On this trip plan on seeing the sites. Not so much the visitor centers and such. Then your next trip plan more for visiting the buildings and museums. I’ve probably been there 30 times and stop and see something new each time. That time of year coming from the west you go across the river with a large meadow on the right. Keep going to a large pullout and sit there in the evenings. The elk will be fighting and bugling for their herims. You should be able to see grizzlies around pilgrim creek. That’s more on the south entrance. The road that goes to signal mountain usally has black bears.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:43 PM   #28
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
Down on the Madison River just below the camp ground is a great place to see the elk in the fall late in the afternoon.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2020, 12:44 PM   #29
214skier
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #26580
Me too

New Montana Owner--coincidentally the family and I are going to be there during a similar time, arriving at West Yellowstone 3rd week of September. We will be staying at Grizzly RV (availability was not an issue nor was accommodating 41' rig). We also got reservations at Grand Teton (Colter Bay) as well as numerous campgrounds between the Seattle area (where we live) and the destination.

Sounds like you are coming from the opposite direction. Overall I did not have any issues with reservations or restrictions ~ Covid. From what I have read, Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Jackson Hole recorded record number of tourists this season.
Old 08-10-2020, 05:56 PM   #30
DaveW

M.O.C. #25834
Yes go in September

Be prepared for cool weather, but the aspen will be turning. We were there last week. We stayed in Cody at Absaroka Bay. It is a pretty drive of an hour to east entrance. You can also (without trailer) go over Chief Joseph Scenic hiway up to Cooke City (NE entrance) which drops you into Lamar Valley which has buffalo, pronghorn, Deer. Be aware that road from Canyon to Tower is closed, so plan loop drives accordingly
DaveW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:22 AM   #31
RVNS4US

M.O.C. #14119
Quote:
Originally Posted by twindman View Post
I squeezed my 34 ft Montana and truck into Fishing Bridge maybe 10 years ago. I do mean squeeze - I had my front bumper into the brush in front of the site to get things turned while leaving. BUT... I read somewhere they are adding some pull thru sites this summer and would be done August or maybe Sept. 1. You might give them call to check size and if finished.
Per the website, Fishing Bridge will be closed until 2021. BUT!! They will have new wide paved spaces, some pull through and some up to 95 ft.
RVNS4US is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 05:46 PM   #32
Hblick48
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21903
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVNS4US View Post
Per the website, Fishing Bridge will be closed until 2021. BUT!! They will have new wide paved spaces, some pull through and some up to 95 ft.
Got one booked for Sept 2021. Before Covid, they were set to open after Labor Day 2020, we had reservations. Covid delayed the remodel. They gave us first pick for 2021.
Hblick48 is offline   Reply With Quote