Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2020, 08:07 AM   #41
jeffba
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20753
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchmenSport View Post

Case in point? You'll never need to be engaged in one of those forum discussions about leaving the refrigerator running on gas when fueling at a gas station. You are completely off the hook on that debate.
WAIT!!!???! You leave your residential Refrigerator on when refueling?

2018 Ford F-350 Lariat CCLB PSD DRW KJ5CQH
jeffba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 09:13 AM   #42
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by Montana Man View Post
$19k for a solar package? I had no idea. That makes the cost of a couple rv fridges sound a lot less expensive.
The package includes 1000+ watt solar panel set, lithium batteries, a larger inverter which will power all the rig and soft start on the air.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 11:00 AM   #43
BiggarView
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19382
Send a message via AIM to BiggarView
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ Traveler View Post
The package includes 1000+ watt solar panel set, lithium batteries, a larger inverter which will power all the rig and soft start on the air.
true, and some of the components are top notch...3000 watt magnum inverter for one the victron battery monitor for another. I was not able to discern whether Keystone is outsourcing the option or doing it in factory ( i suspect the former ) I don't know anything about the lithium batteries, but you get what you pay for, and there are good batteries with cheap BMS systems on them, and vice versa. Then there is the wiring. I'm not saying the keystone option is not good, but like much of what goes into RVs, the industry has a habit of cheaping out on many things. For 12,500 (the potential fully discounted installed price, you could do a top notch self install (time consuming but not rocket science either) or even hire a reputable installer and get a more moderate but fully adequate install. Plus you can do it in phases, you may not even need a full on solar installation, but the batteries and a small portable genny might be all you need. Just sayin'.

FWIW

2017 RAM 3500 Laramie CCLB Dually CTD Aisin, OEM auto level rear air-ride, B&W hitch
2020 3813MS Legacy Cobalt FBP, MORryde 8K IS & pinbox, PI EMS,DIY mods by in-house "craftsman", RV security system Mk1 Beagle Alerter
BiggarView is offline   Reply With Quote