Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-24-2004, 09:32 PM   #21
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Hi Margee,
Yea.... we are still at Mountain Meadows. I didn't think my signal was getting out. Good to see it's working. If you haven't already when the GPS page loads click on the place where it says "North America". That will bring up a much better map.
One more night here and then we head south and east toward Devil's Tower in WY. See you on down the road.

Margee I'm glad to hear you're interested in gadgets. That helps with ham radio. So get started and get your license. You'll love it and it is great for meeting folks and for getting out of tight spots. Lots of fun..... HamRad

HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 07:51 AM   #22
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Awww rats.... I just now read the post of yours above that told where you were so my research doesn't count on last night's stay.

Your signal is getting out some. Right now it shows last report 6 hours, 2 minutes ago.
D and M On The Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2004, 08:26 AM   #23
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Margee,
This is an "honor system" so we'll count it. I thought the system was not making a connection so that's the reason I listed the spot. Sorry about that. I should have more faith in the system I guess. Still raining today after raining all night. Just a gentle rain so no real muddy stuff around. Have a great day. HamRad
Old 08-29-2004, 01:42 AM   #24
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
We've been sort of off the air for about 3 days or so. I'm surprised my signal didn't get picked up as we went through Missoula and Butte. But sometimes it just doesn't work. Hopefully in about a week or so we'll start getting into areas where there are a few more ham radio operators. We're overnighting in a very nice CG called Pipestone. About 20 miles east of Butte. Tomorrow we go to just east and south of Billings. We'll be near the Battle of the Little Big Horn site. Then on to Devil's Tower.

HamRad
Old 08-31-2004, 12:51 PM   #25
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Hamrad...

As of today (8/31, 1545hrs) your last signal was showing from "1 day, 20 hours, 47 minutes & 30 seconds ago".

At that time you were 2.2k northwest of Custer National Monument Battlefield.

I'll be watching tonight to see if you've been on the move since then.

Hope your having fun!

Old 09-03-2004, 09:26 AM   #26
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Hamrad..... you've been down for over 4 days now..... Hope everything is okay.

I have started studying online for my "Technician's" license. My husband is just *shaking* his head at me, he just never knows what I'll come up with next.

I noticed you have a "General" license. Will a "Technician's" license be enough? (I didn't want to have to memorize morse code just yet if I didn't need it.)
Old 09-03-2004, 01:04 PM   #27
FireTruckerWife
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1629
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by D and M On The Road

Hamrad..... you've been down for over 4 days now..... Hope everything is okay.

I have started studying online for my "Technician's" license. My husband is just *shaking* his head at me, he just never knows what I'll come up with next.

I noticed you have a "General" license. Will a "Technician's" license be enough? (I didn't want to have to memorize morse code just yet if I didn't need it.)
Margee: Tech license is enough, plus few other things, but the license is the first step.
KI7GO is my call sign and Bob's call sign is KI7GN
FireTruckerWife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 01:40 PM   #28
D and M On The Road
Montana Master

M.O.C. #49
Thanks Sharon. Lots of info to digest even for the Technician's license, but I know I can do it..
Even found a place that gives the test about 20 minutes from where I live.

By the way, I wonder if we are related. Grissom is a prominent name in our family "tree".
Old 09-04-2004, 09:03 AM   #29
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
Margee,
Sharon has already answered your question..... thanks Sharon. And Margee you will have no trouble getting your ticket. See you on the air soon! Then we can all keep track of you! LOL

Guess I'd better check my APRS unit and make sure everything is hooked up and working. But I suspect I'm just in an area where there are few hams and fewer APRS stations! Should improve as we move east. Currently in Pierre, SD.

Good luck Margee.

HamRad