Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2013, 06:52 AM   #1
Art-n-Marge
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9257
Send a message via MSN to Art-n-Marge Send a message via Yahoo to Art-n-Marge
That broken brake line would have been a big showstopper for me. I wouldn't have been able to get a fix by Noon! Good job on that recovery, then drive 300 miles after that and got tired. The next day you drive another 500 miles and only stop because of wind. 500 miles is my limit, wind or no wind. And with a gasser, too! I'm very impressed since I prefer slower, less distance and NO problems.

Unless you always get up at 3 a.m. it's easy to miss a step and forget something like drop a tailgate. I did that once during a normal day and the only reminder is a nick in the plastic on top of my tailgate. I've not replaced it to keep as a reminder.

After all that, then to see someone who will probably be in worse shape with that oversized Alpine and that undersized Chevy. It's sad knowing there's many like that citizen traveling around. What would worry me the most is that if I personally witness this accident-waiting-to-happen is that I am now close enough to be in harm's way if it does. Air bags DO NOT fix this problem!!! Just cuz you can hitch it up, doesn't mean you should. I wish this were better enforced. I think it will change when some law-maker loses a very close family member, but anyone else's family member, or if it's only property loss, then who cares.
Art-n-Marge is offline   Reply With Quote