Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-17-2018, 06:08 AM   #21
mazboy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9561
if you are looking for advice and are a new RVer you might want to consider buying a used trailer and use that for a couple of years. a lot of them out there.

mazboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 12:21 PM   #22
lonetiger

M.O.C. #18310
Send a message via AIM to lonetiger
Bigger is Better

My husband and I full-timed it for a year with our 2015 Montana 3582RL with our two large Golden Retrievers and two cats. We needed the 40 ft but the RV was very spacious and we enjoyed our time on the road.

We now have to give up RVing and have the Monty up for sale in Florida. If you're interested in its layout, please look at our listing here.

Good luck with full-timing. It's a great way of life. Sorry we can't do it any more.
lonetiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2018, 01:08 PM   #23
jimandlaurie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12948
Send a message via AIM to jimandlaurie Send a message via MSN to jimandlaurie Send a message via Yahoo to jimandlaurie
Great to see you here..Welcome.
Just a note on our experience...we thought we had our Retirement Montana when we got our 2013 3750fl...until..2018... new options ,improvements in areas and that maybe the FL wasn't the one ...so now it is the new 3820FK Legacy...
Our"get" is to leave your options open ..enjoy the one you choose , but may be just the first stop.
jimandlaurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 03:14 PM   #24
JohnandJoyce
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #20896
Check out the Montana 3810MS. We just purchased a 2018. We like the dressing/walk through area to the bathroom from the front master bedroom. Everyone has a different like, but his one meets/ exceeds all of our requirements. We love it. The bedroom has a long couch under the front big window that can be used to watch TV or the big game! Check it out and drop a note what you think of it. Be safe........
Old 09-19-2018, 01:55 PM   #25
im323pc

M.O.C. #22664
How does that 2500 do pulling that rig?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnandJoyce View Post
Check out the Montana 3810MS. We just purchased a 2018. We like the dressing/walk through area to the bathroom from the front master bedroom. Everyone has a different like, but his one meets/ exceeds all of our requirements. We love it. The bedroom has a long couch under the front big window that can be used to watch TV or the big game! Check it out and drop a note what you think of it. Be safe........
John and Joyce, I see that you are pulling this rig with a 2500. We are shopping for a Montana right now, looking for a unit a couple of years old. Our older Montana (2005 3650RK) is still in great shape but thinking that it is time to update and move on. The new rigs have become so heavy that we are concerned about pulling with our F250 Diesel with a 7.3 Powerstroke. Do you do a lot of over the road pulling or just set on a site? Are you using any airlift system? Appreciate your input and any others who want to join in. We only just joined this site today. What a wealth of information!!
im323pc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 04:59 PM   #26
GrayPDX

M.O.C. #21175
When I finally decided on the 3790RD, I had spent several months looking at all of the different brands/models out there - and there's a lot! I'm a full timer as well so there were certain "must haves" and then there were the "like to haves". In my case it is just me, but I've got 2 kids and 4 grandkids in the area so I wanted something that would seat most of them, and sleep the grandkids when needed. Storage was also big on my list as I have tons of stuff - pots & pans and kitchen gadgets, so that storage was big on my list. I also wanted the large refrigerator and full size oven so I could roast a turkey or prime rib when needed - I love my Furrion stove. Then I looked for other storage options and with the huge slide out in the back of the rig that did it for me. After I found this model everything else was compared to it and this rig was the right one for me and it fit in the budget I had set. It is big, 40' overall, but fits my lifestyle and is pulled easily with my F350. I know everyone has different needs, so I found my list plus a list of pluses and minuses for each rig was a huge aid in helping me make my decision on which model to purchase. I haven't had a single issue with it but I will agree with everyone else that make sure the PDI goes on your schedule and not the dealers.

Best of luck on your new purchase. Folks have different lifestyles so be sure the Montana you buy fits yours - they've got so many models to choose from. I do not regret buying my Montana one bit and when I wear this one out, I'll probably buy another! LOL
GrayPDX is offline   Reply With Quote