Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 07-19-2023, 12:55 PM   #1
DDPhillips52
Established Member

M.O.C. #33040
Montana 3793RD

Considering trading our SOB for a Montana 3793RD. Looking for something a little larger with more storage. Would like to hear pros and cons on this model for full time living. Thanks in advance.,

DDPhillips52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2023, 01:31 PM   #2
Rick n Kelly
Established Member

M.O.C. #24855
I had a 2020 3791RD lived full-time for almost 2 years. Loved the trailer 41.5'. Purchased for the additional storage tray in back.
Recently traded for 3123RD for easier pulling (not as Long).
Old 07-19-2023, 05:01 PM   #3
Rotnjonny
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #32150
We have a 2022 3791RD which is the same floor plan but a different pantry / coffee bar.

My wife, along with me and two 75 lb labradors spend 300 days a year in our 5’er. We stay no longer than 30 days in any one location. Typically less than 18.

We chose this floor plan for all the storage. It took a us a week and 4 trips to the scale to get the loading / weight distribution “just right”. Naturally most of the heavy items such as tools, portable canopy, beach equipment are in the back on the tray. We use milk crates for the rear door side compartments that work wonderfully. We love the unit. Plenty of interior storage. A bit short on drawer storage so I built a drawer unit in the washer / dryer compartment. We use plastic totes under the bed.

She’s big’. 16,270 lbs and nearly 41’. Pulling it with a crew cab F350 dually. Bring your a game when backing into some of these smaller campgrounds. That’s when I miss my F450!

We love the floor plan and really wouldn't change anything.
Rotnjonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 12:03 AM   #4
Old_Salty
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12298
We have a 2021 3791RD. While we really like our rig, compared to our last Montana, we feel the quality and finish is not up to the same level. It's the small things and a few larger items. We had the side wall repaired at the front of the bedroom slide as the fiberglass cracked. The wall needed reinforcing. The half wall in the living room came loose from the outer wall and needed repair. The bathroom door unscrewed from it's hanger. We had a water leak in the kitchen slide where the slide topper is attached - this one took me forever to locate! While not a Montana component, the condenser fan on the rear AC broke two blades and vibrated terribly. The rear television broke free from its mount and damaged the wood covering over it. Also had some issues with fasteners loosening, minor, but still aggravating. The TV issue just happened on a very rough stretch of the Alaska Highway. I have not completed the repair yet on this. As the dealer is some distance away, it is less expensive for me to repair when I'm able to.

That said, we ordered our rig set up how we wanted, we have solar and an onboard generator, dual pane windows (for noise more than heat), the white finish cabinets, Legacy package, slide toppers, and custom paint. I added lithium batteries (3 - 100aHr) to augment the solar. I love the rear slide tray and the rest of the available storage and struggle not to bring to much! We elected not to order the outside kitchen option as it consumed to much of the front storage compartment. I added a small refrigerator in the compartment instead. I also added tire pressure monitors.

We are not full timers but we are into our second straight month of travel to Alaska, with another two months to go before we arrive home. We enjoy having a home base, but this trip has been amazing!

We tow with a 2021 Ford F450 diesel crew cab and 4x4. This truck handles the rig with ease. Overall, as I stated we are happy with it and I'm not sure we would change anything. Just wish the quality was better. Good luck with your decision!
Old_Salty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2023, 01:33 PM   #5
JNLVaughn
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #29819
We have the 3791RD. We bought it due to the raised den/living room and the storage under with tray. We have been Fulltimers since 2019 and in this rig since 2021, we LOVE it. We have had zero issues and it has bounced on some terribly rough roads/interstates.
For full-time the 3791 gives more storage.