Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2008, 02:55 AM   #1
Karl
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #522
Where's My Galley Flush???

Just got to Arizona this week from Wisconsin. After setting up, I did the usual de-winterizing and flushing. Black tank, Grey tank, then...uhh....where is the Galley Tank Flush handle? (Just got this Montana in August so I did remember its in a different place than my other one. Checked just in front of the wheels where I thought it was last fall, crawled all over along the driver side searching (assuming CRS). Still no handle. Went to have a beer. Crawled again. Still no handle. Checked again where it should be..and what do you know..there is a nice little 3/8" hole right where the handle and rod should be!! I guess the ride from Wisconsin was enough for the rod to loosen and finally fall out somewhere along the route. Nahhh..Not going to retrace the 2000 miles to find it! Will call the dealer down here to do a warranty replacement. Rather than pull my Monty in to the dealer, I'll probably just drop part of the underbelly and do it myself.

THE "GOOD PART" is that the Galley tank valve is in the open position so I don't have to be in a hurry to fix since I'll be here three months.

Since mine was a new unit, I suspect the jam nut wasn't snugged as it should have been. I thought I would pass this along as a reminder to all of us to check the rods from time to time to be sure that they are snug and not about to "unscrew" themselves.
Karl is offline   Reply With Quote