Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 10-15-2008, 09:07 AM   #21
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
No problem Dave - I only know how to spell it because it's on the card I carry for airport security.

Tell Betsy that part of it is a pretty easy procedure if it ends up she needs one. I can't speak for stints or angioplast though.

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #22
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
The place to park your rig is sooooo comforting, home away from home, does not get any more comfy than that.

We will be with you in prayers. We all send cyberspace "HUGS".
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 03:53 PM   #23
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
While I have not personally gone through a heart cath, as you know Doug did last month...twice! First one was to try to determine what was wrong with his heart and they only went into one leg. The second one was to to locate the "short" in his heart and they cathed through both legs. Doug slept through the whole thing (so Dave, Betsy will be oblivious and you'll be nervous) and afterwards his biggest challenge was keeping his legs still to ensure the holes from his caths "sealed" properly and that was for a couple of hours.

Two years ago this month my Dad went for a stress test in the morning and in the afternoon he was in the hospital and scheduled for open heart surgery the next morning as one of his blockages was in the "Y". As it turns out, open heart surgery leaves a scar (DUH!) BUT apparently is less painful than stints in the aftermath (counterintuitive in my mind, but that is the word Dad received from the volunteers who visit before and after heart surgery who have undergone these procedures). It is truly amazing how quickly everything went surgery, his recuperation after coming out of surgery (they had him UP in the afternoon the same day of his surgery), and his healing. His only slow down in the process was that his hear decided faster is better and they had to medicate him for a few months to get and keep his heart rate normal and because they put him on coumadine to prevent blood clots (the racing heartbeat has a tendency to "stir up" the sediment in the heart chambers) he had to stay in the hospital for five extra days. He became the "poster boy" for recovery at the hospital and, like Doug, the biggest challenges was keeping him down for the period of time the doctors prescribed to ensure full healing.

Know that my thoughts and prayers are with you both and that with the MOC family prayer circle you know you are in good hands!

Give Betsy my regards and let her know I am waiting for you all to get back down Florida/Kings Bay way so we can come for a visit!

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 06:19 PM   #24
labmom
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #8371
I want to thank everyone again for all the thoughts, prayers and love that have come at Dave and I over the net. It is the unknown that I am afraid of. Once I know what is ahead of me, I can handle it.
At this point, I am trying to keep busy so I can sleep at night. Tomorrow night will be the worst as I hate needles and IV starts as I am a very hard stick and it usually takes a lot of poking around with the needle to get the IV started. This hospital is one of the best so I am not afraid of any of the docs doing the procedures and I LOVE my cardiologist. He is AWESOME!!!! He has one heck of a personality.
Anyway, Dave will be sending out an email on Friday to let you all know what is going to have to happen.
Thanks again-it means the world to me!!!
Betsy
labmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:03 AM   #25
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
Betsy, as Dennis indicated earlier to Dave, our thoughts and prayers for you through your procedures. Judy
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote