Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2008, 05:21 PM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Bathroom sink handle loose

We have a new 3585, and the single-lever handle on the bathroom sink became quite loose almost overnight. I pulled out the little hot/cold symbol plug and tightened the screw that secures that handle, but within a day, it was loose again. I tightened it again this morning, and by tonight it was loose again. The repair seems to be simple, or should be, but obviously just tightening the screw isn't doing the trick. What do I need to do to get that handle to stay tight?

Carolyn

Photos below were taken at 7:30 this morning, January 22, before I left for work (teacher, Beaverhead County High School). We moved in HIS and HERS Porta-Potties because we are locked in for the winter with skirting, snow, and ice, and we have no way to dump the black water tank. We'll be living like this until spring or until our house is finished, whichever comes first. As I tell my friends, it's an adventure!

When you see the temp on the Weather Gizmo, subtract 10 - 15 degrees because we actually live about 35 miles south of Dillon on the west side of Clark Canyon Reservoir and in the frigid Beaverhead Valley.

Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 04:54 AM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Gee! Sounds like you have a loose screw! (Sorry, I just coul not resist.)

But that is an analogy that I think is accurate. I can think of two POSSIBLE solutions: 1) try some blue loctite and remember, just a toothpick drop is all that is necessary. 2) take the screw to a hardware store and pick up one that is a tiny bit bigger in diameter.

Oops! 3) replace the fawcet (have the dealer do it under warranty. Speaking of warranty, if you use either of the first two methods and the dealer can determine that you did, it may void the warranty on that item.

Good luck.
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
FRED S
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #4621
Had the same problem with both kitchen and bathroom faucet handles had to us the loctite blue method on the bath, it was loosening on a daily basis. It has stayed tight since the loctite application. Be sure to use blue so it can be taken apart with tools and ho heat or cutting required.

good luck Fred

FRED S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
OK--I was all for trying the loctite blue method or a bigger screw, but since we are still under warranty and are managing ok with the "screwdriver method" once a day, I think we'll wait until we unfrozen and can take the rig to the dealer for warranty service. However, it things get too bad with that faucet, I'm going to try to fix it myself. Thanks, everyone! Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote