Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 12-10-2007, 10:29 AM   #1
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Electrical Plug Malfunction

Our neutral wire came off the inside of the 50 amp plug that goes into the trailer...seems that wire was not secured at the factory. I guess it came in contact with one of the hot lines as it burned a hole through the connector. The voltage on one line went up an extra 60 to 70 volts and the other line went down 60 to 70 volts. We were inside when it happened, the first symptom was the front TV started to smoke, and it was off. The RV repairman got a new plug and got us repaired. So far everything seems to be okay except for the TV, it was fried. I got the power off quickly.

TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 10:39 AM   #2
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Oh no...........Sorry that happened Lightning! That is one thing I forgot to look at and will do it this spring.

Worse case - maybe the insurance will buy you a Sony Bravia LCD to replace that front TV .
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2007, 12:31 PM   #3
TLightning
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7871
Good thought, but the deductible is too high on the insurance. The extended warranty paid for the parts/repair to the Montana itself. When I called to see if they'd pay for the TV, they said 'yes' but the RV repair shop needed to call. When he called, they said 'yes.' After I bought the new TV and took it to the RV shop to add to the bill...the warranty company then said 'no.' Go figure.
TLightning is offline   Reply With Quote