Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 07-16-2006, 04:52 AM   #1
dbrill
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #359
PA Turnpike - what vehicle call

We are getting ready to head over near Lancaster, PA. The easiest trip appears to be to get on the Turnpike of Rt 15 and get off in Lancaster rather than trying to go through Harrisburg. Does anyone know what Vehicle Class a Chevy 3500 and 12K Mountaineer will fall into as we don't want to hold up traffic by not having the toll ready.

dbrill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:36 AM   #2
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Not sure Pa turnpike has a web site I am sure this will give you the info
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 09:20 AM   #3
Montana_1240
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1240
What a timely thread! (Even if this is a little off base, it does relate to tolls.)

Anyone wanna guess what travel is going to cost in our future? I mean, even without the bloated fuel prices.

The nation, (state-by-state,) is selling off our highways to foreigners. While the elected folks refuse to cease and desist making unnecessary highways to their lobbyists’ and other friends’ getaways, they have been slighting maintenance and repair on the existing highways and road infrastructure.

One opinion: http://www.kiplinger.com/personalfin...6/07/toll.html

Another source I mustered up through Google was: http://www.theeagle.com/stories/0716...0060716055.php

And the headline on this one says it all. It hypes the same people who have been greedily and fraudulently driving up fuel pump prices, AND they love NAFTA: http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=15839

There was an article in this morning’s Dothan [Alabama] Eagle that isn’t on their website. It went on to say how the Chicago “Skyway” is also owned by the company that owns the Indiana Toll Road. And it also said that such companies aren’t as “afraid” to raise tolls as are politicians.

I suspect we’ll be seeing many more roads being sold. And tolls being raised. And the money being siphoned off to foreign soil, just like the many money/jobs lost to other political wheelings and dealings like NAFTA.

We have met the enemy, and he is OUR POLITICIANS!

Steve
Montana_1240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 09:24 AM   #4
tcorbitt
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5799
I would strongly consider investing in an EZ pass. You will be able to cruise through virtually every toll between Baltimore and Maine. Some states (NY) provide discounts. Get two passes, one for the Tow Vehicle only and a second one for the Tow Vehicle plus Monty (Class 4). With the Class 4 transponder on, you can tow through any EZ pass toll gates in the North East. Will save a lot of time rather than waiting in line to get and pay for ticket stubs. EZ pass can be purchased on-line through any state participating in the program (MD, NY, NJ, PA, MA, NH, ME, etc).

Tim
tcorbitt is offline   Reply With Quote