Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 02-19-2009, 06:11 AM   #1
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
New Keystone Website

Well, Keystone upgraded the website again - the layout is nice!

They now have a "Build your RV" page, but no costs. It looks like it would tend to lay you into the hands of a Dealer if you actually wanted to see any pricing.

The tough love video is actually kind of funny - It reminds me of regular Colorado roads! hahahhaa - I think the TV gets hammered more than the camper.

http://www.keystonerv.com/?page=tough-love

bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:55 AM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Very nice site. Looks like Keystone will stay aggressive.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 08:53 AM   #3
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
I discovered the site yesterday and was pleased with how quickly the pages loaded in comparison to the time it took to load the pages in the old site, at least for me, with my internet setup.

I felt a surge of hope after seeing the site, too. Surely it's a sign that Keystone intends to hang tough in this crisis. If any of you tried to access the Circuit City web site in late fall, you remember that it was nearly devoid of photos and information, and by Christmas, it was 99% bare. And then, Circuit City closed. So, to see that Keystone has invested time and money in building a new site is encouraging to me.

I feel badly for all those people in Goshen and Elkhart who have lost their jobs in the RV industry because of the current situation. If we can just survive whatever it is we're in at the moment, maybe those people will have work again. Of course, most of them probably can't afford to wait around to see what will happen with the economy (I couldn't), but for those who do wait, I pray that their wait won't be in vain.

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

Well, Keystone upgraded the website again - the layout is nice!

They now have a "Build your RV" page, but no costs. It looks like it would tend to lay you into the hands of a Dealer if you actually wanted to see any pricing.

The tough love video is actually kind of funny - It reminds me of regular Colorado roads! hahahhaa - I think the TV gets hammered more than the camper.

http://www.keystonerv.com/?page=tough-love
Like the new site. It's about time they upgraded it.

"I think the TV gets hammered more than the camper." It may appear that way but they do both travel over the same terrain so that ain't possible. Gotta give that MorRyde suspension a lot of credit.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
bigmurf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #538
Flying colors? Bent axles, frame flex, cracks on the slides ? g
bigmurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 05:10 PM   #6
FLSTS03
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8231
Did you notice no spare tire on the test coach? Keystone probally read the MOC thread on losing spare tires on the road and opted not to put one on the test trailer/coach. Steve
FLSTS03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 06:53 PM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Hey - they lighted the hitch on the Monty and Big Sky.
Old 02-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #8
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
For what it's worth, that video was made at 'Bosch Automotive Test Facility' at New Carlisle, IN, about 10 miles west of South Bend. I was a 'heavy vehicle test driver' a few months. Where they're running the test is called "Accelerated Mileage Accumulation." It's 2 1/2 miles around that test track with what are called 'chatters, harmonics, twists, large & small cobblestones and staggers.' You cross each of the sets of problems at a pre-determined speed from 14 to 28 MPH. One trip around that track is equal to about 1000 miles "real life".
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 12:53 AM   #9
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110

I wonder, how many do they actually test?

Old 02-20-2009, 02:55 AM   #10
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bob Pasternak

For what it's worth, that video was made at 'Bosch Automotive Test Facility' at New Carlisle, IN, about 10 miles west of South Bend. I was a 'heavy vehicle test driver' a few months. Where they're running the test is called "Accelerated Mileage Accumulation." It's 2 1/2 miles around that test track with what are called 'chatters, harmonics, twists, large & small cobblestones and staggers.' You cross each of the sets of problems at a pre-determined speed from 14 to 28 MPH. One trip around that track is equal to about 1000 miles "real life".
Bob,
There was a video being passed around a while ago from Ford that showed the F150, Toyota, and Dodge being bounced down a track and the fenders looked like they were going to fall off. The Toyota fenders actually crushed the tailgate. Don't know if you saw it but was that the same track?
Old 02-20-2009, 04:11 AM   #11
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Nice changes. They changed the color of the graphics back to blue but nice design. Just love that tough love video.Wonder what the inside of ours would look like after doing that test. Think we might know after doing I- 10 through Louisiana. The new units sure are pretty.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 02:40 PM   #12
KTManiac
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8818
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by Bill-N-Donna

I wonder, how many do they actually test?

Evidently, just the one that they sold to Dean A Van Peursem, I heard they did 50 laps with his.

Sorry, I just couldn't resist that one!

Edit:

I thought that they discontinued the Desert Sunset decor, and replaced it with the Mocha?! But, there the Desert Sunset is still listed. ???

KTManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #13
HamRad
Montana Master

M.O.C. #15
KTManiac,

You are a trouble maker aren't you!

But it would sure explain a lot!

HamRad
HamRad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 03:10 AM   #14
Bob Pasternak
Montana Master

M.O.C. #800
Send a message via ICQ to Bob Pasternak
Brad; I didn't see the one about Ford or the others, but it's quite possible they were there too. When I was driveing, we tested Toyotas and some others. I spent most of my time on Freightliners and Sterlings after Mercedes took over the Louisville Ford truck plant. I did drive a couple class A motor homes. I was only there about 6 months. Beat me to death. Some of the vehicles, one had to hold the wheel with one hand and the gear shift with the other cause the vibration would shake it out of gear. It shook rings off my fingers a couple times. I've had brand new trucks that didn't make the first trip around the track without something breaking or falling off. I told my boss there that I'd spent my driveing life trying to take care of people's trucks, then I came there and I get paid to see what I can break.
Bob Pasternak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:19 AM   #15
nunya
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6756
I agree with the I-10 accross Louisianna for a test! Just came accross, WOW, what a ride...........Good thing is all is still in 1 peice.
nunya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 06:43 AM   #16
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
[quote]quote:Originally posted by Glenn and Lorraine

Quote:
"I think the TV gets hammered more than the camper." It may appear that way but they do both travel over the same terrain so that ain't possible. Gotta give that MorRyde suspension a lot of credit.
Actually, it's not a Montana Glenn (flat back). If it's a new Mountaneer it would have the equaflex. Better yet, if it's a Laredo or Couger, it would actually have shocks! Don't think we can give Mor-Ryde any credit in that video.