Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > General Discussions about our Montanas
Click Here to Login

Old 08-16-2008, 02:35 AM   #1
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Our Tour W/Keystone Montana

We took a tour with Mark Krol through the Keystone Montana plant yesterday while here in Goshen. The new 2009's are nice. The 3585sa that we have has been changed. The enclosed bath now has an entrance into the bedroom along with the bedroom having a door..which we thought was a nice improvement.New soft pilable closures on the mirror closet doors!! No wood around the window just curtain. Also a larger tv and fireplace...the fireplace was completely different..I think I like ours better ...this was all black and there is no wood trim like ours has.
There was also no built in garbage can through the counter.
Also this was done in Keystone's new color MOCHA..the couch was a deep buttercup color with Mocha piping..I thought very nice...the recliners and chairs where all Mocha...window treatments were cordinating colors no flowers..lol
We also toured SOB manufacture...they have a fifthwheel that has an all around leveling system that is much like a motorhome's ....very nice!!
Both plants shut down production while the group we are with toured each facility. I think it would of been nice to see them working on units.
The manufacturers are upbeat about sales here even with the layoffs. You can see though that things are really slowing down as with attendance at the RV show that is currently here at the fairgrounds.

Kathy

Kathy

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:35 AM   #2
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Kathy, in our experience with Keystone and the tours we've had, they do not have visitors while work is being done for insurance purposes.
This is the case even before we started having rallies there and they haven't changed their policy for MOC either.
We also have done a s.o.b. plant tour and they did work during that tour, but, we did not get to look or walk into any units on the assembly line.
Personally, I like our private tours that is offered to MOC during the rally, another great reason to attend the fall MOC Rally in Goshen!
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 04:37 AM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Individual levelers is the next big jump for Keystone in my opinion. When traveling a lot, getting it level is a snag. One side always seems to be just a smidgen too high or low. We enjoyed our tour last year.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:17 AM   #4
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
The Hydraulic leveling system on out (SOB) is called side to side leveling. Back into site while still hooked up and then level side to side and unhook and level front to rear takes very little time and no plastic blocks or wooden boards to haul around. The system is very powerful will actually raise wheels off the ground. You have a total of 6 hydraulic jacks and when all are down there is very little movement, because there is less weigh on the tires. Its not recomended to raise wheel off ground and leave them up. I am very please with this system and it comes standard. With the 15" frames the coach is very sturdy. GBY.....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 05:32 AM   #5
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Other keystone brands do give tours while in operation. Sprinter/ Cougar come to mind. It is something all should see. True you can not get as close but it is a educational and reveling experience.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 10:17 AM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Thanks for the summary Campbud! How did you resist driving off with a new one!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #7
campbud
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3142
Brad and Dory...it was hard! But when I thought about a payment and the price of gas that let us both walk away a bit faster.

Kathy and Bob

campbud is offline   Reply With Quote