Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-29-2008, 10:42 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Stranded

Well, hecky darn, shucks and phooy. The appliance I least need is the only one shipped, the BR TV. The new microwave/converter and DVD have not been shipped. My dealer can't do anything until the appliances get to KC. So we are stuck in Grain Valley, MO for at least another week. No matter how good your dealer is, without parts, they are stuck too.

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:25 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Grab the missus and head to Ameristar for a days entertainment.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:27 PM   #3
bob n pam
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2121
Stiles, I haven't heard that expression for so long (hecky darn)! It did my heart good. Most of my people are in Oklahoma and Texas and hecky darn is an everyday expression. Thanks!!

Pam
bob n pam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:34 PM   #4
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Stiles, where are you staying? We are about 15 miles from GV(our stick home). Would be happy to see you, your posts are always interesting. Bob and Karen

Send e-mail if you would like.
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:50 PM   #5
ols1932
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1944
Sounds like my "shucky darn." Stranded? Been there, done that and have the T-Shirt.

Orv
ols1932 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Stiles, some things near you I'd recommend if you haven't already seen them...

The Truman Libray in Independence.

The Truman home in Independence.

Several other things in Independence including start of the Santa Fe, Oregon, and California trails and several Truman related sites.

One many never know about that we found fascinating is The Arabia Museum in the riverfront area, the old downtown Kansas City along the riverfront. The Arabia sunk in the Missouri river, then the river rerouted. The Arabia was finally found and excavated from dry land and moved to this museum along with many artifacts.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Thanks Steve,

We took in the Arabian Queen last year. It was great. We also took in the Truman stuff, all good. We will try to get to the WWI Museum this time. Tonight, I am watching the tornado watches and warnings all around. Not stuff I am used to.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 11:22 PM   #8
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Well, let's see, what else can we come up with to occupy your time?

North of KC a ways is an Amish town of Jamesport. Not a very big place but very Amish. There's what passes for an rv park in the center of town. There's something very pleasant about sitting under the awning and listening to the clop-clop-clop. But, then, your rig is not ready for travel so that might not be much help.

Near Kearney, also north of KC, is Jesse James' boyhood home and the one from which he planned many of his escapades. There is a guided tour of the house, complete with bullet holes in the mantel or hearth (can't remember which) from when the house was attacked by "the law." I believe his little brother was killed or seriously injured in that shootout.

sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 06:25 AM   #9
ggranch
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6588
Stiles, As for the tornado watches, use channel 5 (local) for the radar but take thier reports with a grain or two of salt. Katy and her crew are alarmists. Get the facts from either channel 4 or 41. They are calmer. Katy has been known to interupt broadcasts with warnings for people in western Nebraska and upper Iowa that can not recieve her broadcast.

Bob (e-mail recieved, reply sent)
ggranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:31 AM   #10
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Katy gives me a headache.
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote