Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 05-03-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Fuse "Breaker"

Well,
Y'all did it to me. Y'all started talking about blowing the landing gear fuse and look what you did. Hanna heard you and said, "That must be a neat thingy to do!"

Well, I'm gonna fix you Hanna.
Here is what I'm gonna stick into you!!!

Take that!

Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 04:04 PM   #2
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Waynem, If you are coming to Branson, I would be grateful if you would pick up another 30 amp breaker if it is the mini fuse size. I have stopped at at least a dozen Auto parts stores and can't find one in stock.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 05:26 PM   #3
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I got mine at AutoZone, an automotive store in this area. What size do you want? 20, 30, 40? ATC style like the one in the line to the front jacks? Heck, I can mail you one if you give me an address.
Old 05-03-2008, 06:20 PM   #4
jjackflash
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7787
Thanks Wayne! thats just what I need.I'll pick one up next time I am AutoZone.
Jack
jjackflash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 10:20 AM   #5
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Hanna was "paying you back" for taking her to the "doctor" and not staying there to hold her hand! LOL (By the way, she looks beautiful! Earliest we'll likely be able to take Bella out is the week of and immediately after the 4th of July. Enjoy yourselves!)

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2008, 01:01 PM   #6
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Hanna had a face lift, new shoes, some new power breakers, and lots of tender loving care at the hospital. Besides, if y'all put up with me on this forum, you know she probably relished the fact that I would not be around for awhile.

I may be around the Buffalo, NY area at that time. Don't have a place in mind yet and 4th CG's get filled up pretty fast. Time will tell.

Why will you have to wait until after the 4th? Oh! Workers, huh?
Old 05-04-2008, 02:03 PM   #7
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Nah! Hanna loves you! She just wanted to remind you who is boss! :-)

Doug is originally from Depuis (sp?) which is near Buffalo. Good luck finding a campground!

Yes, we work to support our lifestyle! :-P Six years and counting until we can punch out.

When we are stateside we go to Mosheim, Tennessee for the annual "Quest for Limoncello" which is a reunion of motorcycle club members from Naples, Italy. Former members own property up there and have even modified their property to include some electrical and sewer hook-ups for those of us with RVs. The "Quest" has grown from a group of about 10 people to upwards of 50 people (including family members). Those of us who bring our bikes up have even been invited to participate in the local town's 4th of July parade. GREAT fun is had by all and includes an annual "project" at our hosts place as he suffered a stroke a number of years ago and somethings require some extra hands and expertise.

Robin
Old 05-04-2008, 03:58 PM   #8
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Motorcycles! Do you ride.
This is my thread so I can hijack it. Anyone can post what they want here.

Well, let me say this first. The pictured fuse in my first post is the one that goes in the holder to the landing gear. It should not be confused with the other breakers in the compartment. There, that's on topic.

Robin,
In 2007 I totaled 2 motorcycles. One at low speed, and broke my collar bone (25 MPH) and the second at 50 mph when a truck pulled out and broadsided me. Besides a WHOLE bunch of road rash sliding 130 feet on pavement (Rode the bike to a stop) I broke the 5th metatarsal in my right foot. I could not get it out from under the running board. It was a 2007 Kawasaki 1600 Nomad, weighing in at 850 pounds. The "gentleman" that hit me ran. He is not pending 4-20 in the state pen and I hope he gets 20. Only reason they caught him is my bike ripped his license plate off his front bumper when he hit me.

Robin, and anyone else riding out there, there are two types of motorcycle riders. Those who have crashed. And those who are going to crash.

Please be safe and be ever vigilant of those stupid cage drivers that are on cell hone or just not paying attention. I know that as RV haulers, we pay a little more attention to our surroundings, but as y'all know, there are some stupid, stupid licensed drivers out there.

I would love to ride again, but the family is adamant that I not do so. I'm working on them but no good so far. It's a lifestile that I miss.

Old 05-04-2008, 05:16 PM   #9
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Wayne,

Yes, it is one of our "other lives"...it cracks me up when people at work find out I ride AND am a MSF Rider Coach (used to be called instructors).

Doug and I have owned a bit of everything over the years (from mopeds to full dressers, "rice burners" to Harleys)...like you say "It doesn't matter what you ride, it's all the same wind!" I actually started out riding a Vespa in Naples and "leading the pack" so the other members of the motorcycle group wouldn't lose me (their story...it was really because I speak Italian and could ask for and, more importantly, understand directions)! Nothing funnier than a "gang" of American motorcyclists following a pistachio colored Vespa!

Doug and I have JUST about sworn off motorcycles here in the United States...still have my 883 Hugger. We almost got new bikes this year, but we decided one big purchase at a time and Bella won for this year. Also whenever we read about yet another biker killed on the road due to their inattention/negligence, people in "cages" who don't know to look for anything else but other "cages," and/or (car) drivers who are just negligent in general and it makes us hesitate about getting new bikes even next year. However, with fuel prices growing exponetially it makes bikes that much more appealing even for commuting purposes. Its all so confusing! :-0 Definitely understand the call of the lifestyle...our heads constantly turn when we hear a motorcycle coming/going on the road and I know that this year's reunion without bikes will be a bit different (we've always taken them before), but we know we'll still have a great time.

When I'm riding the thought thread "sounds" something like this "Wow, isn't this great, I'm having such a great time, PLEASE God, don't let me fall! I LOVE smelling the wild oregano in Greece, aren't I lucky to have this unique life experience, PLEASE God, don't let anyone hit me! Wow, isn't this great....." I can understand the family's perspective and yours as well, it IS a very personal decision and can be difficult. I am just glad I've had all the experiences I have on two wheels so IF we choose to forgo future two wheeling, I still have a lot of great memories, wonderful friends, and some REALLY funny stories to tell on myself. (OBTW - FORTUNATELY my only road rash related incident/accident was on my Honda Passport when I hit the brakes on a curve in sand at less than 25 mph (I learned that your stomach CAN hit the back of your throat!)...only "road rash" was due to the sleeve of my jacket sliding up and I had a scrape on my left forearm.)

I am sorry that you had such grueling experiences/accidents, but I am VERY glad you are here to talk about them! Rubber side down is the best way to be! Hope that sucker gets the 20 as well!

I kinda figured you for a biker by that "wind" quote, just hadn't gotten around to pursuing it! Gotta love the coincidences!

Robin
Old 05-05-2008, 04:13 AM   #10
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Robin
Sent PM
Old 05-05-2008, 04:24 AM   #11
CanDo
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2106
Okay, we didn't want to feel left out or anything like that, so our Monty decided to blow her landing gear fuse, too! We arrived here at Beacon Hill Camping in Intercourse, PA, last Thursday and could only get Monty half off the truck. So, yep, Dave got to do a real Popeye routine and hand-crank the rig off the truck and then to level. The campground owners gave us the name of a mobile repair unit and we called on Friday - haven't called back to schedule their appointment. Read on the MOC about calling Lippert. We did, he mentioned the 30A in-line fuse, we had one on hand, and life is good again. And Dave is sooooo happy he won't have to play Popeye again! When we go out and about today, more 30A fuses for our stash. Oh, yeah, the repairs would have been under our extended warranty. Saved more than enough money for at least a round of golf or two! So once again, thanks MOC!
CanDo is offline   Reply With Quote