Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > Campgrounds
Click Here to Login

Old 06-20-2006, 12:53 PM   #1
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
Campgrounds

Here's an idea. Would it be possible to list these comments about campgrounds by state/province and with stickies so they would not fade away? That way someone planning a trip would be able to easily research other MOC opinions and post new comments.

Sweetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 01:16 PM   #2
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I was recently asked to build a web page with just such information to include good or bad Monty dealers. One thing about this is the comments made by others are like you say "OPINIONS". Opinions are like you know what and everyone has one. Some good some bad.
For example..There was an RV dealer where 5 different MOC members purchased their Montys. Three of us would never return and the other 2 loved the dealer.

I know we all love our fellow members and we endeavor to trust them but we are all different. Some of us will turn up our noses at some of the simplest things where others will accept whatever is thrown at them.

Over the years there have been many discussions on here about campgrounds. The most recent was the KOA thread. Half of the members love KOA and the other half won't go near them so long as there is another CG just down the road.

My OPINION, told ya everyone has one, would be that such a sticky would be a waste of space.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 02:43 PM   #3
Parrothead
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1989
Send a message via MSN to Parrothead
Glenn, I think you are right on this subject (sorry Dennis). We all look for something different. We don't use the showers, restrooms or pool in a campground. We look for larger sites with some privacy, cable TV and hopefully WiFi. For others the pool or the showers are very important so I might give a campground an A+ when in fact it had dirty showers. Just my humble opinion.
Happy trails.....................
Parrothead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 03:40 PM   #4
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
I hear what you’re saying about opinions, but often you can glean information from even the most opinionated ranting. I would tend to believe someone who said a park’s sites were too small or too close together, or that the AC power dropped to a very low level. I would also like to read observations on site surface conditions such as; grass, gravel, concrete, shade, access roads, scenery, etc. I’ve read several post in this area that made me want to take notes and visit certain parks in the future. After reading someone’s posts for a while you can usually tell if they are a reasonable person or a blowhard (not that we have any of those). Negative posts or warnings could be biased or not, but generally when someone takes the time to compliment a certain park I think the information would be useful. And if reading other peoples opinions isn't useful what is this thread doing on the MOC, or for that matter what is the use of this forum?

Sue, The information that is important to you may or may not be the information that is useful to someone else. But if that information has been writen up and posted why not make it easier to read so that you can make your own decision?
Old 06-20-2006, 05:40 PM   #5
Sweetfire
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4483
I must be blind. I never noticed the "Campground Review" just three spaces below this thread. Oh well, as Gilda Radner's character, Rose Ann Roseanadana, use to say "Never Mind".
Old 06-21-2006, 12:18 AM   #6
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
Even though I don't believe in them I have added a few review links to the RV Related Links page. Even one for RV service.

Click here>> http://www.montanaowners.com/RVRelatedLinks.html#reviews

As you peruse these many links, click on a few campgrounds you are familiar with to see how often you agree or disagree with the reviewer.
Personally, In the 10 or so I read, I disagreed with more than I agreed with.
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 06:12 PM   #7
Montana_5598
Established Member

M.O.C. #5598
Glenn;
I just looked at the RV Links ! WOW! Thank you so much for All the Work you have done on the Links! I will be reading for months! There is information for Everyone about everything!! I will check there first from now on.
GREAT JOB!!!
Montana_5598 is offline   Reply With Quote