Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-19-2009, 10:20 AM   #1
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7445
Recommended books for fulltiming?

I've been looking on the internet (the usual places such as Amazon, half.com, eBay, RVbookstore.com, etc.) for a recent book or books on fulltime RV living. While there are many books available, most of them were published 8 to 10 years ago and haven't been updated to include information about satellite hookups, internet hookups, and/or other things that are now part of what we would want as fulltimers. The reviews are spotty, too. For example, one reviewer will give the "Fulltiming For New & Used RVers" a top rating, but the next reviewer will give it a bottom rating. And who knows--the person doing the reviewing could be someone who's never owned an RV or someone who is an RVer but not a fulltime person. I've also found one or two web sites that address fulltime RV living, but the original lifestyle and current RV lifestyle of those RVers is so far from the reality of my life that the info is generally unhelpful to me.

I have to say, of course, the best fulltime RV living information I've collected is from you MOCers who are not only talking the talk, but walking (or pulling ) the walk. My trusty 3-ring binder is bulging with printouts of what I've read on the MOC boards, so it will always be my #1 "go to" source. I know I can't get better info anywhere. Still, I'd like to find a book that has a lot of good info in one place.

Have any of you found a book or books helpful in making the change from avid camper to fulltime RVer? If so, what are the titles and are they current enough to be of use to anyone who is contemplating going to the fulltime lifestyle in the next year or two?

Carolyn
Wayne and Carolyn Mathews is offline   Reply With Quote