Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-07-2014, 09:25 PM   #1
Artemus Gordon
Montana Master

M.O.C. #12339
Visitor Briefing, too much?

Visitor education briefing:

I have mentioned we moved from 45 plus feet boats to the RV after many years enjoying water exploration. I learned from some great yacht owners about safety. Planes, boats and also RVs, in my opinion require "guest briefing"! You came on my boat for first time, you got the lecture. Life jackets, fire Extinguisher location and use. Proper way to help someone who has fallen overboard. How to use the toilet, water conservation etc. Old habits die hard. Had a cousin tell me recently, that I was paranoid, when I gave my RV talk to her kids and family. I said here's the deal, your a guest in our home. Your kids and you as parents, need to know how things work and my rules. Your stepping into my boat on land, as such you under my rules. Fire safety, understanding smell of propane, etc, is for everyone's safety. If my toilet stops working because of misuse, that can be expensive, dirty and frustrating. RV toilets are not the same as those at home. Last it's not a brick and mortar building. For the kids, running, jumping, sliding down railings, playing around inside has to be kept to minimum, that's what outside is all about. Running in and out slamming doors will not happen! Things like going in and out of fridge every five minutes is also on the no list. Want something ask Sue or Mike! In addition, several times I have seen kids playing around sewer, power cords, hitch etc. and I nip that in the bud in my little talk. I am very nice about it, do it with humor and dose of seriousness to make my point. Am I the only "Mean RV Captain" out there! Lol
Artemus Gordon is offline   Reply With Quote