Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2018, 10:09 AM   #21
AZ Traveler
Site Team

M.O.C. #20477
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerLinR1 View Post
If you purchased your Montana at a Camping World, you will probably find out that you are always invited in to make a purchase, but their service department stinks. I purchased my 2017 just 13 months ago. Throughout this past year I have heard over and over from many how repairs have taken up to 4 months and then they were not satisfied with the results. I am currently having problems with my slide out, and I still do not have a date when they will start working on my unit. This is very frustrating. I will never choose to use Camping World again. I may have too some day, but not by choice. Next time I need a repair, if possible, I will use someone who's main business is repair, not sales.
I did not buy my rig from Camping World but have received great service from Camping World in Tucson for warranty and non warranty work. I have always received an appointment within a week and the rig has never stayed longer than 4 days. All Camping World service centers are not the same.

"Life is too short to stay indoors, enjoy the ride!"
AZ Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:00 PM   #22
JerLinR1
Established Member

M.O.C. #19952
Full timers do NOT have the luxury to schedule 3 wks in advance. When we have a problem, we cannot just drop it off and pick it up a week or two later. Our RV's are our homes. Our breakdowns are Immediate which require immediate attention. Many of us have pets which create additional issues when trying to find a place to stay for a couple of days. But, when we go to places like Camping World, they expect us to return for a scheduled appointment a couple of weeks later and then drop our units off until they have time to complete the repair. I do believe there is a major disconnect between customers and repair outlets concerning our needs and their abilities. Therefore, we get frustrated and sometimes, angry with the system and certain individuals.
I believe that if new or prospective owners understood our continued problems with service, they would think twice about purchasing, and possibly run the opposite direction.

Jerry Phillips, JerLinR1
JerLinR1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 09:25 PM   #23
perfect5th
Established Member

M.O.C. #13340
Send a message via Yahoo to perfect5th
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerLinR1 View Post
If you purchased your Montana at a Camping World, you will probably find out that you are always invited in to make a purchase, but their service department stinks. I purchased my 2017 just 13 months ago. Throughout this past year I have heard over and over from many how repairs have taken up to 4 months and then they were not satisfied with the results. I am currently having problems with my slide out, and I still do not have a date when they will start working on my unit. This is very frustrating. I will never choose to use Camping World again. I may have too some day, but not by choice. Next time I need a repair, if possible, I will use someone who's main business is repair, not sales.
We’ve experienced similar issues and poor treatment from C/W.
We couldn’t even get them to return our calls after trying for two days.
“Certainly poor customer service and lack of support for being a RV Center.”
We don’t shop or recommend them to anyone when we’re on the road.
perfect5th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:18 AM   #24
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
This is one of the down sides of full timing,It would be the same if we were told we had to leave our S&B while repairs were being made. I am sure you had considered this issue before you made the decision to full time.

It would make no difference what brand or dealer it would most likely be the same. Dealers do not carry every part a RV needs and it has taken 3 weeks for a part to be delivered from Elkhart/ Goshen .

If a emergency you would most likely be taken care of at any dealer.That has happened to us on a couple of occasions.
although we are home for the summer it took 3 weeks to get into our local dealer as they were backed up with service appointments.

You are correct the industry is not geared to the full timer or the Long Timer like us as we are a small number of Rv"ers.

As for CW we have not had a problem with them but would not use them for a repair service as they are nearly always backed up worse than other dealers.

RV'rs have a special problem with service and repair as usually it is the dealer that does the repair and there are few if any independent local RV repair facilities were with a car/truck there are local independent repair facilities everywhere.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote