Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 01-23-2009, 03:04 PM   #1
sgtpp214
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1782
Thank You Rich

Unfortunately, before I could comment the previous thread was locked. Just wanted to say thanks Rich. I have been politically involved since 1968 and I still get chocked up during the inauguaration no matter which party is taking control. We live in a great country where a peaceful transition takes place and the loser isn't executed. God Bless America.

sgtpp214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
Mynabird
Montana Master

M.O.C. #8757
Yes, Thank you Rich. I truly felt like I was a fly on your sister's shoulder the whole time and along for the ride. Very enjoyable and well written.

Thanks again.

Mynabird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:03 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Knowing that we really would have liked to be there and could not my sister gave us a view through her eyes. We were able to attend the inauguaration of Bush the first and that remains a outstanding event in my life.( We got really close on that one)
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:59 PM   #4
skypilot
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1846
Rich: Thanks to your sister for passing on her day. Once again we have shown the world that there can be an orderly transition of leadership and the writings of individuals such as she show how so many participate in the event in their own ways. Thank you.

skypilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 01:45 AM   #5
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
Rich,

It is nice to hear about things from sources outside of the media. It was great to see the amount of people that went to DC was so orderly.

Speaking of close, we haven't made an inauguration, but we were privlidge to have a tour of the White House and the Old Executive Office building at night. My right foot has been in the Oval Office. I have a picture of me standing on the podium where the Press Secretary gives out information and also a picture in the First Ladies office. We got to see places in the white house that you normallly wouldn't see. We had to be screened by FBI etc and security was something else. I wasn't able to take pictures just anywhere either. This was pre 9/11, so not sure if this tour is still even given anymore.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote