Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 04-17-2008, 02:06 PM   #1
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
It's Thursday, I have a week off and no Monty!

Well sort of, as I told on myself in another thread. Anyway it's at the dealer for some work. I guess I'll have to enjoy the week off and work around the house!

Old 04-17-2008, 04:25 PM   #2
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Hanna has been in the shop since last Friday for New Toilet. Guess I should not have told them I wasn't in a hurry!!!!!
Waynem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:35 PM   #3
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Wayne,

You should ALWAYS tell them you needed it yesterday so you MIGHT get it by next month! LOL

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 04:50 PM   #4
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
Robin,
Remember the bees and honey and vinegar?

I try to be nice and so far it has worked. I get a lot of support from the staff at the dealer. I hope they treat everyone as they treat me.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:36 PM   #5
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
It isn’t Thursday but I'm having Monty withdrawals!

I went outside a little bit ago and miss seeing it in our driveway.
It should be finished up tomorrow but at any rate we should be getting it back soon.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:59 PM   #6
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
Went to pick up the Monty yesterday and they discovered it still had a leak underneath just when they were getting ready to pull it out for me. I talked with them today and if everything goes good it will be ready tomorrow. I have to go back to work tomorrow so I guess it will have to just wait until I get a chance to pick it up.

I was talking to the maintenance man who was working on it and he was telling me how tough of a job it was to work on. I told him that is the problem I had and that is why it's there being worked on.

Hopefully everything will be ok and it will come home soon. Trust me you don’t want to try and drop the sewer lines to change the slide valves underneath yourself unless you have no choice! You can see the photo below and visualize just how hard it is to work on. I don’t know if all of the models are put together the same way but if they are just keep it in mind. It looks like there is enough room but there is flanges the gaskets have to go over and believe me it is a very tight fit.

[img] http://www.southshorechurchofgod.org/04120804.gif [/img]
Old 05-01-2008, 05:15 PM   #7
eeoski
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8297
Wayne, okay you got me! Actually, after living in Naples, Italy I am used to "dopo domani" (day after tomorrow) as the response as to when something will be ready and as I am a walking "Murphy's Law" I am just happy that the job gets done and estatic when it gets done right.

Bill, I am sorry you are in the "dopo domani" mode, but at least they discovered it before it left the shop. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you get her back for this weekend.

Robin
eeoski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2008, 01:59 AM   #8
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
I should be getting it back today. I talked with them yesterday and the mechanic that was working on it said it would be ready. There was some concern that the black tank might need to be changed at one point. However it seems that he was able to avoid it by cutting the pipe between the valve and the tank and putting it back together with a sleeve. When I was working on it I thought there may not be enough room for that but he assured me he wouldn’t have to change the tank.

I also try and avoid getting hasty and I always try to be nice to them. If when phone calls don’t get returned as expected I just try and realize that they are very busy and I don’t let it bother me. I’m sure they probably get a lot of flack from people at times. I even think they were concerned of my reactions when they came and told me it wasn’t going to be ready after they knew I drove for an hour one way and had waited for about 2 hours. In general I believe a dealership will work better with you when you show them a lot of patients and don’t get riled.

Wayne, have you got yours back yet?

On Edit:
We finally got the Monty back. We went and picked it up today and we are once again happy campers.
Old 05-03-2008, 05:04 PM   #9
Waynem
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7673
I was called yesterday telling me it was ready. I told them I'd pick it up this morning. I brought 2 dozen donuts with me. Yes it was appreciated. Look at my other thread. She's sitting in the driveway. Will start the loading process tomorrow I'm sure (DW is hyper about getting on the road) We plan on leaving here on May 10th, Mother's day. Most appropriate gift for her. We sat side by side this evening. Her on the iMac, and me on the PC mapping the trip. We are so happy to have Hanna back. This will be our first long shake down cruise. Everything in the past has been short 350 miles or less. But still fun.