Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Montana Problems, Problem Solving & Technical Help
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2005, 01:44 PM   #1
Montana_2913
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2913
Could have been a fireball!!!!!!!

On our last trip out my husband decided to switch over to the other gas tank and found the hose had a leak. We had not used the tank yet. He walked back around to that side after a few minutes and heard the hissing - thankfully. Scary!

Montana_2913 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 03:44 PM   #2
fulltimedreamer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #919
Glad you caught this before it caused a serious problem!! I guess we all should be inspecting our hoses periodically.
fulltimedreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
So glad you found the leak. Built into our check list is the "walk around inspection" as part of the hook up and unhook protocols. Your incident just confirms the need.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 02:17 AM   #4
Charlie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3029
A very easy way to check for leaks is with a small amount of liquid soap mixed with water in a squirt bottle and spray on the connections. A leak will bubble up very quickly.
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2005, 01:54 PM   #5
Montana_2230
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2230
I just removed and filled both my tanks in preparation for a trip to Huntsville, Alabama to see the kids and grand kids, did a great job of putting leak detector on the connections to check for a leak. Did a terrible job of checking the gas flow to the stove after installing the filled tanks. Went in the trailler and lit the forward burner, gas was flowing good and the burner lit, I turned it off ( I thought ) My wife went in the trailer the next day to put some more stuff in it. She smelled a funny odor. She came in the house and told me we had a gas leak. I tore out there and sniffed around and looked at the stove top...One nice burnt spot showing. I lifted the top and the burner flame was barley visible to me. I just did not turn it all the way off. I was able to repaint the top and it shows no worse for wear now... Lesson learned. Have wife to put stuff in trailer after I do something stupid...
Montana_2230 is offline   Reply With Quote