Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > GENERAL DISCUSSIONS > Sitting around the Campfire
Click Here to Login

Old 09-12-2008, 11:02 AM   #1
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
SAD SAD SAD, gas lines

Al just called me, he is almost home, he was at his moms for a few days.

He tells me that in Saline and in Clinton they are lined up for gas.

He said in Clinton they are lined up on both sides of the road to get into gas stations, and in Saline, they had a block long line.

Said, every single gas station in Saline and Clinton was like that.

Saline is near Ann Arbor, a nice sized town. Clinton is near Tipton, and is a little burg, even our McDonalds is SMALL, one of the smallest I have ever seen.

Anyway, we have never seen anything like it, lined up for gas.

Personally I am a bit appalled at the behavior, and that is for sure a PERSONAL OPINION.

ON Edit: What I just saw on the news is NOT a good thing.

If you thought I was praying for Texas before, you have no idea how many prayers are going forth now for Texas and the rest of us too. I hope this thing fizzles out, like the last one did. Galveston is, as some of you may know, the site of the most lethal hurricanes in history, over 6000 deaths in 1908. I fear for the 24000 that stayed in their homes. God bless their souls.

Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #2
Driftwoodgal
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5446
Send a message via AIM to Driftwoodgal
I am afraid that Ike is going to fizzle out. Some stubborn people have stayed, oh how foolish they are. Prayers need to be going out to everyone that is going to be hit by this storm. It isn't going to just stop at Houston. You guys up north, that have had more rain than you need, will get tons more.

We are begging for rain, wish we would get 15 inches, as we are in a drought again.

Lots of people in shelters in Austin. No cots for people, they are having to sleep on the gym floor. Not sure why they didn't bring bedding, as they were told that they should bring blankets and or a sleeping bag. Sure hope this doesn't turn into a Katrina and the Superdome.

Colleen
Driftwoodgal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:38 PM   #3
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
Wow!! Over on our side of the State no gas lines. I guess they're afraid of running out? We still have 2-5 gallon cans 1 of diesel and 1 of gas left over from our trip to Alaska hope we won't need them. Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #4
Glenn and Lorraine
Montana Master

M.O.C. #420
I honestly don't understand your gas lines. Goshen is approx 125 miles southwest of your home and the stations are not at all busy and the prices are stable. I would have to say "there's something rotten in Southeast Michigan".
Glenn and Lorraine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 12:46 PM   #5
wswebster
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #1249
I need to edit my post.* This morning no gas lines, now my husband just called on his way to a H.S. football game, every gas station has long lines.* Stacy
wswebster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:26 PM   #6
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
We had gas line ups here in S. Ontario last night as the radio said that gas would go up 13 cents a litre (about 50 cents a gallon) at midnight. It did!

At least around here, diesel has not changed.

Having driven through that area of Texas, I can understand what a 20 ft tidal surge might do. I don't think there is anywhere 20 ft above sea level along that stretch of coast. Can only hope that the refinery engineers did their job right and built them to withstand hurricanes, and that the people who live there and staff them are sensible enough to take care of themselves. God willing, this will pass, and people will be able to pick up the pieces and get back to business. Certainly we will be watching and praying.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 01:52 PM   #7
Mrs. CountryGuy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6337
Glenn,

No gas lines, well, no kidding, the Amish horses eat hay!

Saw prices in North Carolina of close to $5.50, give or take 30 cents.

Not sure bout other states, but, the governors of North Carolina and Michigan are both stating they will not tolerate gas gouging prices. They already have a phone set up for 8:30 AM tomorrow, here in Michigan, if you feel you were charged a gouged price save receipt, name of station and call there tomorrow morning.

John, the reports I have seen on the Refineries, is that they are built to withstand the rain and wind, but, the flooding will present some difficulties, and of course, if the power goes out, more difficulites.

Remember Glenn, greater Detroit metro area, MOTOR CITY! We sure are tuned into cars, trucks, fuel prices etc.

Feed the horse Glenn!
Mrs. CountryGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 02:18 PM   #8
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Nothing like that around here..All is normal..no lines.We have a full tank of diesel and the truck is not going anywhere and the Honda can get 500 miles + on a tank of gas..
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 05:17 AM   #9
mail2us
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6920
We are in Sylva, North Carolina some 40 miles SW of Asheville. It's a small nice town right next to the Blue Ridge. Gas downtown yesterday evening was at $4.69 regular up $1.00 from the day before. The NC Governor issued a stern warning about price gouging for his state. Most of our gas comes from Greenville,Spartanbug, SC from their pipeline from the Gulf.

It seems that with oil at $100 a barrel, the consumer will get wacked and I say, drill, drill drill! We concern ourselves with foreign oil and miss domestic oil problems. More refineries other than the Gulf! Dennis
mail2us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 06:08 AM   #10
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
We are just South of Dallas and haven't seen any lines, I got fuel on Thursday and paid $4.06 and this morning $4.17. From what we are seeing and hearing damage may not be so bad for the Oil refineries, or platforms. So just maybe we want get raped to bad but they look for any excuse. Oh well people are strange sometimes. GBY....
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:08 AM   #11
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
That does seem really odd that you had those gas lines way up there in Michigan. We haven't seen anything like that anywhere since 1973 in California.

By the way, we HAD reservations for next winter at Jamaica Beach RV Park at Jamaica Beach on Galveston Island. We have canceled those reservations. Maybe the next year.
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 05:51 AM   #12
PowellsMonty
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1967
No gas in Asheville, some diesel. Brought on by paranoia. Like milk & white bread when snaow is predicted.
PowellsMonty is offline   Reply With Quote