Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MONTANA OWNERS CLUB COMMUNITY > New Member Introductions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-07-2019, 04:31 PM   #1
MS 2018 Montana
Established Member

M.O.C. #24475
In-Command Pro Plus slide-out issue

We have a 2018 3000RE Montana with the Legacy package and we want to be able to open or close ONE slide-out at a time. When we press the living room/dining room slide button on the In-Command Pro Plus module, both slides operate at the same time and that puts a big strain on the batteries when we are stopped somewhere and need to open up. Can anyone tell me if that is possible using the In-Command Pro Plus module and if yes, how do we do that? Thanks!

MS 2018 Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 09:03 PM   #2
Mikendebbie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #21044
Slideouts

When I operate my slideouts on the road, I watch the voltage reading on the in command display and say my prayers at the same time. I have always been able to get mine in ok. I suppose it would be nice to run them out one at a time if needed. I have no idea if that is possible for 2018 models or even the newer models.
Aussie Gus + Texas Heeler Jimmy
Mikendebbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 10:06 PM   #3
drog55chev
Established Member

M.O.C. #24480
I don't know about the 3000RE but our 2019 3120RL has cutout switches out by the auto leveling controller where I can turn off one or the other. I assume all should have that function somewhere because you may be in a position where you can only open one slide. If it doesn't I would install one because twice since we've had ours we've been tight to one side and could only slide out the dining room side. We don't have any issues running them both with battery power. We've dry camped at three different sites without power for 4 days with only a 20% drop in battery output using all three slides. Of course it would be an issue if you couldn't get them back in using battery power. There may be a way to put them in manually though.
drog55chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 06:37 PM   #4
powerhaulic
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #20884
It is not the issue you make it out to be.
The rear slides are hydraulic, the pump is running it makes no difference that two are opening at the same time. the pump is running things are moving.
If you are really running out of battery, better put some decent juice in it.
Couple golf car batterys fit in original battery box in our 3811, and quadrupled the reserve capacity.
Lippert AirRide pinbox / PullRite SuperLight hitch
powerhaulic is offline   Reply With Quote