Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Repairs & Service
Click Here to Login

Old 06-30-2017, 11:48 AM   #1
Travelling Three
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19003
Camping World Recommendation

I'm planning on taking our 2017 Montana to the St. George, Utah Camping World to have them perform their 22 point inspection. I would also like them to replace the awning hydraulic cylinders and possibly repair a couple of other minor issues. Has anyone used the St. George Ut Camping World? Did you have a good experience and would you recommend them? Thanks for you input.

Travelling Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
WeBeFulltime
Montana Master

M.O.C. #11397
Is your 2017 already out of warranty?

Full Timers 9/1/2010 through 1/16/2020.
WeBeFulltime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 02:13 PM   #3
Travelling Three
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #19003
We full time purchasing the montana in Myrtle Beach sc last october and now working at mt. Zion National park in utah. Camping world told me I'm entitled to their 22 point inspection which I was going to do at the cw in st george ut. I haven't read to many positive remarks concerning this cw so I'm going to wait until I get to Mesa AZ and then go from there.
Travelling Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 06:32 PM   #4
mhs4771
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9969
If they're a Typical CW, when they get done with that "Free 22 Point Inspection" you might thing that your Monty is falling apart.
I had a CW in Bartow, FL do a free "Roof Inspection", when they gave me their report they said I probably already had roof leaks and wanted to sign me up for the $400 Total Roof Package. I thanked them and left. Checked the roof my self the next day and couldn't find any of the issues they reported.
So just take what they tell you with a "Block of Salt".
Old 07-02-2017, 09:18 AM   #5
Dmcgrew
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13564
Exclamation Camping World and Service??

I hate to be negative about such a broad subject but I have had such poor results from taking my 13 3402RL to a number of Camping Worlds around the country for service I have come to the conclusion that I will do every thing possible (never say never) to not take my RV to Camping World. I will only enter a Camping World if I need a part that I can't wait for to do repairs myself. Otherwise an independent shop or mobile repair recommended by local RV park for me. After traveling and talking with people around the country over the last year Camping World has a very poor reputation nationwide when it comes to service and repairs.
Dmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 10:37 AM   #6
DQDick
Site Team

M.O.C. #11455
Actually there are some really good ones, but unfortunately there are also some really bad ones and Camping World doesn't seem as committed to fixing the bad ones as they are to buying out competitors and opening new locations. There is one Camping World where I prefer to have my work done when I'm in that area and for sure not the Montana dealer.
DQDick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 12:11 PM   #7
mlh
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2283
It's a shame CW has such a bad repetition that so many people avoid them. CW has done its self a great disservice and could make a lot more money if they cleaned up their act and treated customers like customers instead of the enemy.
O well it's their business not mine I'll continue to go somewhere else.
Lynwood
mlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 01:52 PM   #8
timandpeggy
Established Member

M.O.C. #17685
St George CW

So, of everyone that's responded, I am the only one with experience with this Camping World.

We had some work done by them last Feb on our 2016 HC353RL, and they did very well. It was warranty stuff, and no issues. They had us bring the trailer in one morning, took pictures of what was needed, and told us they'd call when the parts came in. They called about 2 weeks later, having the parts and Keystone's OK. They understood we were on an "extended trip" (not full timing), so they made sure everything was god for us to drop it off. They had the trailer for half a day, and no issues.

BTW, the service manager's name (real good guy, went to the mat with Keystone regarding a repair) is Jobee and the shop manager is Pete.
timandpeggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 02:12 PM   #9
CaptnJohn
Montana Master

M.O.C. #19865
So far, I have been more than happy with CW in Myrtle Beach. Both service and warranty work.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 07:56 PM   #10
Dmcgrew
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #13564
I am happy to hear that there are some CW locations that are doing good work. It is a shame that consistency in service can't be counted on. I like the availability of CW around the country and wish I could feel comfortable working with them. It would make things a lot easier!! Please keep me posted on how it works out for you!!
Dmcgrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 10:55 AM   #11
Beau2010
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #18355
Haven't used the CW in Utah, but have been to their shops in Charleston, SC, Columbia, SC, Winchester, VA, Tucson, AZ, Beaumont, AZ and probably a few others with never a bad experience. We did not buy at CW and not one of these dealers asked if we bought from them before doing warranty work and other jobs over the last 4+ years. Not saying there are no bad ones out there but we haven't found one yet.
Beau2010 is offline   Reply With Quote