Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > HAVE MOC WILL TRAVEL > On the Road Again
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2012, 10:08 AM   #21
simonsrf
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3120
We try to keep our travel days below 250 miles, and stay at least 3 days. If you have a general direction, you might want to check this website. It gives you towns that are nearby that have RV parks, their customer ratings, and their amenities.

The site is sorted by state and then town.
http://www.campgroundreviews.com/

Don't forget to look at National and state parks, Army Corp of Engineering, boondocking sites, and overnights like Walmart or county fairgrounds. You can also sometimes stay overnight in a church parking lot.

We tried the big books and found they were way too cumbersome, usually the information was out of date, biased, and took too long to find and understand the information...they were poorly laid out and very confusing....got tired of flipping pages.

simonsrf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 10:11 AM   #22
gelswick
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #12367
Having learned the hard way (and expensive way) make sure you leave yourself enough time to get to a back up RV park just in case the one you plan on staying at can't handle your rig. Learned to check out the site and access to it before paying and before dark. Don't believe what they tell you over the phone to get your money. Most places are honest and don't lie to you, but there is always the exception....
gelswick is offline   Reply With Quote