Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 03-14-2009, 12:09 PM   #1
lbyoung

M.O.C. #8972
installing washer/dryer

We kept our Splendide washer/dryer from a motor home when we traded to our 3400RL. Someone knew exactly how much space was needed to fit it into the closet! We have only been using the washer because we did not have time or the tools to cut the hole for the dryer vent. Before we take the unit out of the closet to do this, we are wondering if anyone has ever cut a hole for the dryer vent and if so, what advice would you be able to offer (location, etc.).

lbyoung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Be sure to check the manual on the location. Seems like the wall vent should be even with or lower than the back of the dryer vent location. The worst thing to deal with is if you leave the front door open, at least on ours the vent manages to keep the lint blowing and sticking to the door. I don't know if there is a way around that though.
Bingo

Bingo and Cathy - Our adventures begin in the hills of WV. We are blessed by our 2014 3850FL Big Sky (previous 2011 3750FL and 2007 3400RL) that we pull with a 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic DRW CC dually.
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 05:31 PM   #3
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Ozz did (a Maytag). Maybe he'll be along soon. You can see it here

VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 11:42 PM   #4
Bill-N-Donna
Montana Master

M.O.C. #7110
We have the Splendide combo in ours and when we installed it the Monty it was already set up for the hook ups. There was a sticker on the wall in ours indicating accordingly. We did check with a factory rep before making the hole but when I cut it I cautiously cut a hole from the inside before I cut through the outside wall. I figured at least if something was in the way I could fix a patch from the inside easier than I could repair the outside wall. I made the hole directly where the vent was on the combo unit for a straight shot to the outside.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:20 AM   #5
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Hi, unless they changed construction in the last couple of year, (and I doubt that very much) anywhere on that wall is fair game. Keep it high, so you will have options in the future as to different models and brands. I bought a hole-saw for around $25.00 (or less) to do a nice clean hole. You can probably rent one cheaper.
I used the telescoping flat vent pipe from Sears, (thanks for the link VanMan) it is in the last few frames, makes a simple compact venting system. Good luck.
Ozz
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 02:38 AM   #6
bncinwv
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6846
Here is a link to the stackables installation guide from Splendide.
http://www.splendide.com/Ariston_120V_DataSheet.pdf
Hope this helps. We had a dealer install so I can't help with the hole cutting part.
Bingo
bncinwv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:39 AM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
We installed our Splendide Aristons and have some pics in the 'our mods' link in our signature. Scary to make the first hole after only owning it a couple of weeks, but after the first 10 or 20 holes they get easier .

I don't remember who - but someone on the MOC actually ran the vent down and out through the bottom of the closet, which is an alternative. They may step in with some info.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote