Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2008, 04:09 AM   #1
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Front skirt question

Asking those who have done it, where did you place the snap screws? Did you do it on the lower front edge or underneath on the cap? Just thinking about drilling holes in my Monty gives me the willies. I did go to the hardware store and fetch some rubber gasket washers to water proof the holes. I figured I didn't want the possibility of leaks and 16 washers cost $2.35.

For those who are on a concrete pad, did you purchase sand bags somewhere or did you make them? Also has anyone closed off the rear of the skirt between the coach and the ground? If so, what did you use?

stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:18 AM   #2
exav8tr
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6333
Stiles on mine ths screws on the side went into the molding at the bottom, on the front they went into the cap and at the rear on each side directly into the side of coach. I use 13" steel stakes to secure the bottom of my "Garage" and No I did not do anything to the back of the skirting. Hope this helps.....
exav8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 05:50 AM   #3
richfaa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2839
Same as Phil above..We are on a hard pad so we used 1/2 cinder block to hold it down.
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:51 AM   #4
stiles watson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2059
Thanks guys, I think I will see how much it will cost to have an 8' X 30" piece made with six snaps at the top and a grommet on the each bottom corner to snap on the bottom of the coach and tie the grommet to the corner grommet of the skirt. That will almost close the storage room in. It will depend on the cost.
stiles watson is offline   Reply With Quote