Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 12-31-2007, 02:38 AM   #21
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Sorry for another post, but I did just read the NPS requirements and the 60dbl is at 50 feet. It is also stated the requirements of 74dbl at 10 feet in which the Kipor is under at 68dbl. The quieter dbl makes a difference if you boon dock while still attached to the tv and want to get a quiet nights sleep. Been there, done that!

Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 03:48 AM   #22
jackandh2o
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #8010
Please excuse the late post but we are new to the forum and have lots of reading and learning to do.

My question is, if you leave the gen in the truck bed and you are hooked up, there is no concern about exhaust entering the FW?

Thanks
Ray
jackandh2o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 04:41 AM   #23
Emmel
Montana Master

M.O.C. #808
Ray, first of all, welcome to the MOC family.
You posed a great question here and I have to say even though we do just that I have never had it on my mind. By doing that, I'm referring to having the gen in the pickup bed. I really don't think the fumes would be great enough to cause a problem. I also have to admit we have never slept in out 5er while the gen was running. It is a rule at almost every cg that no gens after 11pm at the latest.
When we have boon docked I have set the gen on the ground under the slide and locked it there.
Emmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:00 AM   #24
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I keep our Kipor 3000 right behind the cab on the passenger's side (cable locked to the bed) when traveling. When we boon dock - Walmart, Cracker Barrel, etc - I always unhook and pull around and park behind the Montana. No noise, no fumes. Always try to position so that the truck/gen will be downwind of the 5ver.

When at our long stay destinations, I keep the gen with full gas tank under the back of the Montana on the street side with grill cover/bungie cords and cable locked to the rear stabilizer. Full gas can also connected to the cable lock. Ready to go in an emergency CG power loss or unreliable service.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote