Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2007, 07:46 PM   #1
medic519
Established Member

M.O.C. #4109
Yet another question

I recently tried to have a new Sealander china toilet installed in the Monty. Took it to CW in Nashville, TN. They tried to install the toilet and found that it is too big and will not clear the back wall. Thought someone may direct me to a different model that would fit my 2004 2955RL. I was really looking forward to that more "house like" feel of a larger china toilet

medic519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 04:53 PM   #2
Okie Guy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6054
I don't know bud. My bowl is porcelain and it came from the factory this way.
Okie Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Maybe 'cut in' a relief in the back wall for the back of the toilet, trim it out so it looks nice??
Check under the floor to see if an offset drain flange would work.....
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:19 PM   #4
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
I am still looking at cutting out the back wall and moving the stool back 6" to get a good room as its only the studs at the sides that you have to panel around but the center stud , cut it off and put a cabinett above the tiolet , i talked to craig at keystone but he was not to easy on doing this as it mite be too close to the tv but its 6 " from the tv and if too close let the tv sit out 2" or so , whats the big deal ,, there is a vent pipe but no big deal as that can be rerouted any place but still going to the roof at its point john
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 05:25 PM   #5
sailer
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6977
you know 1once in remolding as a job or carrer whats a moving a wall or 2 , we moved the outside wall of the house in fl 4' 6" to gain the room 20 ' over ,, no big deal just move 1 bedroom 1 bath 1 laundry rm and all the plumbing to get 4'6" in the middle of the house ,,, now this winter we are going up in the trusses to get a tray ceiling in the family rm but no big deal , in 30 days its done and paint and plaster its over so move the tiolet wall 6" and forget the big deal john as my wife at goshen if it was worth it
sailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:37 AM   #6
BillE
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #2594
Which model Sealand did you buy? There are two different ones available. The "Traveler" and "Traveler Lite." The ones that came with the Monty's (I believe) is the 'Lite' model.

Size on the 'Lite' is 19 1/2 inches deep vice 20 1/2 deep for the "Traveler."

Hope this helps some.

Bill
BillE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:41 AM   #7
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
Medic, we put the Aqua Magic Style Plus in our 2955. Really love it. It's like 210.00@ CW. You just have to get a diffrent fitting to go from your piping to the toilet. Off hand don't remember if it was a 90 you need or a straight union. You can get them at any RV place. Our HD and Lowes didn't have them.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:32 AM   #8
DonandBonnie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5906
This might be a long shot, but check out the Big Sky. They come with a porcelain throne. Don't know whether the size of the throne rooms are the same though.
DonandBonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2007, 10:40 AM   #9
medic519
Established Member

M.O.C. #4109
Thanks everyone for the help. It was the "Traveler" model maybe I should check with the "lite"

jsmitfl-Sounds like you put the Aqua magic in yourself. Do these install like a regular house toilet? I am pretty handy a plumbing and things around the house but I have quickly found that dealing with these rv's is a whole new ball of whacks sometimes. I don't want to take it apart and figure out I can't fix it. Thanks for the help.
Old 08-12-2007, 01:48 PM   #10
jsmitfl
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1709
Send a message via MSN to jsmitfl
It installs like the house. Just get a new rubber ring. Had to drill the pipe hole a little toward the stool. No biggy. Covered the hole in the basement with luan. The hole behind the stool is covered.
jsmitfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 08:46 AM   #11
medic519
Established Member

M.O.C. #4109
Sounds good. Thanks for the help. I'm gonna give it a try.
Old 08-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #12
kdeiss
Montana Master

M.O.C. #164
Medic,Thanks for the info thinking of putting same in my 2955.I added a riser about 3 years ago it came loose and broke the closet flange. I was happy to see it was threaded and I removed and installed with no problem. It is just tight working in their.
kdeiss is offline   Reply With Quote