Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-31-2007, 02:43 PM   #1
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
RCA Home theater from Kmart

I just got an "el cheapo" RCA RDT217 home theater from Kmart for $109. plus tax. While it is not someting an audiophile would consider, the thing sounds pretty good and it will replace the miserable piece of junk that came with the TT. Even the sub woofer that came with the TT sounds pretty fair with the new receiver. As far as the original receiver goes-I think my garbage pick up is on Thursdays!

ARJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 02:47 PM   #2
DHenry
Montana Master

M.O.C. #496
I put the "el cheapo" in my garage and it does ok there.
DHenry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 04:24 PM   #3
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
ARJ,

Does the new theater have a DVD as well?

Still waiting for my factory one to disappoint me, but so far it is doing good. It's the same brand but a different model than the early 2007's had.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 05:22 PM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
I have a DishNet box in my 3400 upper cabinet with my Quest. The 3000 blew out an amp. Keystone replaced it and it ended up being a 4000 model. The DishNet box puts out quite a bit of heat, so I bought a small directional fan from Walmart that I keep running all the time.

Then I blew out my 4000 amp. Keystone is now deciding what to do, so here I sit - using just my TV speakers for now. I was going to buy a home theater, but will wait to see what Keystone does. I would like some sort of credit towards a non-Quest unit. I suspect the heat blew out both amps. That should not have happened - especially the second time - faulty engineering/design.

I have now purchased those 1 1/4" rubber feet that go on the bottom of folding chairs. 4 of them hold the home theater and another 4 hold the Blu-Ray in place very well and give the extra space for the fan to ventilate.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:17 AM   #5
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by bsmeaton

ARJ,

Does the new theater have a DVD as well?

Still waiting for my factory one to disappoint me, but so far it is doing good. It's the same brand but a different model than the early 2007's had.
Yes it does. Look up the model # on Google. It is a 5 disk, AM/FM, DVD, surround sound system
Old 08-01-2007, 03:20 AM   #6
OntMont
Montana Master

M.O.C. #122
I am planning on putting a temp. controlled computer cooling fan in that cabinet.

Does the RCA have outputs for the bedroom speakers? That is the one feature of the Quest that I have not been able to find on any other unit.
OntMont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 03:22 AM   #7
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by dsprik

I have a DishNet box in my 3400 upper cabinet with my Quest. The 3000 blew out an amp. Keystone replaced it and it ended up being a 4000 model. The DishNet box puts out quite a bit of heat, so I bought a small directional fan from Walmart that I keep running all the time.

Then I blew out my 4000 amp. Keystone is now deciding what to do, so here I sit - using just my TV speakers for now. I was going to buy a home theater, but will wait to see what Keystone does. I would like some sort of credit towards a non-Quest unit. I suspect the heat blew out both amps. That should not have happened - especially the second time - faulty engineering/design.

I have now purchased those 1 1/4" rubber feet that go on the bottom of folding chairs. 4 of them hold the home theater and another 4 hold the Blu-Ray in place very well and give the extra space for the fan to ventilate.
When the TV in my TT died, I asked my dealer if Keystone would just give me money instead of a replacement and guess what-they did. It took a few months but they came through with what I thought was a reasonable amount for the 25" RCA tv. I replaced it with a 26" LCD.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:28 AM   #8
ARJ
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6162
Quote:
quote:Originally posted by OntMont

I am planning on putting a temp. controlled computer cooling fan in that cabinet.

Does the RCA have outputs for the bedroom speakers? That is the one feature of the Quest that I have not been able to find on any other unit.
It is a 5.1 system. 5 speakers + subwoofer. My original TT system just had the bedroom speakers tied into the front right and front left speakers and I will leave it that way as we do not use the bedroom speakers much. When I got the TT I found that the on/off switch in the bedroom was wired with the individual speaker wires instead of the common ground side. Wonderful stereo that way!

Old 08-05-2007, 08:05 AM   #9
Snownyet
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #6077
Is Quest a brand name? Our 2007 Mountaineer came with a Memorex system, it sounded horrible at first, after finding 2 bad speakers and some crossed wires it really sounds good.
Snownyet is offline   Reply With Quote