Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 07-27-2007, 12:03 PM   #1
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
Bar Fridge

I need your expert opinion. We are thinking of buying a bar fridge and putting it in the pass thru storage area. It cools without the use of polluting refrigerants {thermoelectric technology}.My question is would it be safe in the pass thru area, would it need ventilation?

Thanks, Bill

1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:26 PM   #2
Eagle Man
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #7430
I would ask what ever company built the refrigerator, then you'll know for sure.
Eagle Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:36 PM   #3
Ozzie
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1358
Send a message via MSN to Ozzie
Thermal Electric coolers commonly cool around 40 degrees below ambient.
If you have it in a confined area, the temperatures will continue to climb. They do put out a fair amount of heat and I feel need at least outside air exchange or they will suffer.
I have one in our trailer, in an outside storage area...I need to keep it open a crack to keep the air moving.
...so now don't come and steal my beer...
Ozzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 08:09 AM   #4
1Happycamper
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6880
Thanks Ozzie. Thanks for the advice. I was thinking that the batteries in our units are vented to the outside. So could we use the same style outside vent and put one on each door? That would give you some circulation. Any other ideas?

Thanks Bill P.S.-- Ozzie, your beer is safe.
1Happycamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 02:13 AM   #5
Gumby56
Seasoned Camper

M.O.C. #6290
We have a Koolatron 12v cooler. It was the largest we could fit in (P-85) the basement and operate with the door opening to the front.

It has bee great for us. Having it on the 12v it continues to cool while you travel. You do need to have it running for a day to keep it cool. It also does not do well when over packed. I have packed too many juice bags in on to of the beers and they hamper the ability keep it that cool.

On hot days it keeps things cool. Not really cold. But it works for me. Beats worrying about ice for the cooler!!
Gumby56 is offline   Reply With Quote