Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 06-24-2007, 09:08 AM   #1
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
Enough is enough!

Okay, while it kills me to say this, I think this part of the forum should be shut down, at least for a little while so that my cash reserves can build back up!

Let's see...

Sreigle - door hinges on slideout brackets
Ozz - Under refer storage
Tom Gina 06 - new LCD TVs
Lindy - Alcoa wheels
Glenn - storage ideas

And the list goes on and on and on and....

I think I have just 2 bucks left in my wallet!

Really, everyone, and everyone I didn't mention, thanks for all the great suggestions. I can barely keep up!

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:25 AM   #2
Ozz
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5980
Listen to you!! I awake in the mornings trying to justify the new televisions you just installed.......
Ozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 04:25 AM   #3
Pete Hanson
Montana Master

M.O.C. #3543
I gave up trying to keep up with the likes of Ozz and others. There is just no way. I have to plan for retirement so I'm keenly aware of the financials. Surge protectors, autoformers, stabilizers, etc. etc.......before you know it I won't have any money left to take the Monty anywhere to have fun in it. Strangly though, I have found myself addicted to this forum and love the advice and ideas that flow through here. Keep it up.
Pete Hanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #4
jrgwdenner
Montana Master

M.O.C. #1105
Belonging to this forum can get expensive.
jrgwdenner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 08:08 AM   #5
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
My next addition is a 65 Gallon auxillary Fuel Tank. (MudChief) Dennis was so wonderful in giving me the Idea. He did fail to tell me which BANKS he would recommed to ROB. ha ha AND THE LIST GOES ON AND ON AND ON AND ON AND ON. HO Christa is calling BYE
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:05 PM   #6
Dustytuu
Montana Master

M.O.C. #2975
We are well aware of the cost of reading this thread and any RV forum ! 2nd AC, surge protector, pin lock, extra circuits, plexiglas on screen door, and etc. and etc and etc.
Dustytuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:40 PM   #7
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Why Michael - you are the king of mods! I remember you publishing a list not too long ago that I could never catch up with, let alone add Ozz's mods! haahhaha -

I've decided just to take a break and enjoy the newly found elevation feature on my Nuvi! It was a FREE mod thanks to you!
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:44 PM   #8
snfexpress
Montana Master

M.O.C. #5140
You're right, everyone, a SurgeGuard is $359, JT stabilizers are $400, advice and ideas from this forum: priceless!

snfexpress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 02:32 AM   #9
Mudchief
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4961
Michael, Just keep doing them. Like I tell my son it just takes one more Mortgage closing. Just take those fees off the back-end and do that mod.
1200 watts of Solar
Mudchief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:58 AM   #10
VanMan
Montana Master

M.O.C. #9
Hemlockusa, I remember a guy I worked with who had a conversion van and bought a pretty good sized used TT. He added 2 auxilary fuel tanks, loaded up the trailer, and headed out on vacation to Alaska. When he got back and we were all quizzing him on his trip, he admitted he filled up all those tanks (well over 100 gals.) and headed up the rockies. He couldn't even get over the mountains with that load. He unhooked his trailer somewhere in CO and "vacationed" around there trying to use up all the gas. By the time he did, it was time to return home.
VanMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 09:00 AM   #11
Hemlockusa
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4766
OK - THE AUXILLARY FUEL TANK is on it's way, best price for the quality was www.KSHMARINE.com Lake Havasu, Arizona. I was told about them by my Friend (MUDCHIEF) (DENNIS) - Brian is the owner, and seems to think that "Dinner and a Movie" will convince any Bride that you need a auxillary fuel tank. HU I got News for Him!!!!!!!! I sent Richfaa to that shop while his was out there last fall, he didn't buy, but I think now has second thoughts and will probably do one on his new TV as soon as he can convince Helen he needs one. These units will allow for plenty of mile's and you can pick and choose where you refuel. I for one will enjoy the convenience of refueling when SOLO. No more worry about short turns at the pumps or moving around 18 wheelers that are GRUMPY.... SO I CAN CROSS THIS ONE OFF THE LIST......... NOW WHAT NEXT HMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Later John
Hemlockusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2007, 07:55 PM   #12
azranger
Established Member

M.O.C. #7203
Camping World has Surge Guard models 34750 and 34730 on sale:
http://www.campingworld.com/browse/p...filiateID=1928
azranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 02:59 PM   #13
sreigle
Montana Master

M.O.C. #20
Auxillary fuel tanks? Gee, guys, my bladder can't last through the 34 gallons this truck holds already!
sreigle is offline   Reply With Quote