Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Montana Owners Club - Keystone Montana 5th Wheel Forum > MOC Technical Forums > Additions & Improvements
Click Here to Login

Old 02-25-2007, 07:05 AM   #1
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
W/D door !!!!!!!!

As most know we have a Cambridge, well just upgraded to a Splendide Ariston stackable W/D. Well the folding door were the W/D goes when folded wouldn't let the drier door open. So I removed the door and put a metal plate on the back of the door in 4 places and now its a solid door and when closed it is secured by a magnet. Oh, the Splendide Ariston W/D so for is great, Delaine used it several times yesterday. GBY.....

Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:24 AM   #2
genecurp
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #2535
Very clever solution to your problem. I will file that info away! It may come in handy!
genecurp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:05 AM   #3
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
All I did was leave the pin on top locked in place and pulled the top slider pin out. Installed some magnets to hold the door in place. Going to pin it shut when traveling.
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:47 PM   #4
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
We also are planning the that Ariston stackable, Lindy. We are anxious to get feedback from you on this.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 04:38 PM   #5
Delaine and Lindy
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6650
As you know we also had the Combo unit by Splendide. Delaine says in a word she Love's it. The drier can be opened at anytime, to remove clothes that are dry. Also the drier is almost twice as large, with the Combo unit it was hard not to have wrinkle clothes. The drier is a little slower than the 220 volt units. However the drier doesn't put so much heat out and she thinks it actually does a better job, just takes a little longer. She is very happy and has been using it for about 3 weeks now. The biggest negative is the price, but you know how some men are. My Love for my wife over comes that. She is happy thats what counts....GBY....

P.S. Its also the best 110 volt you can buy for the size, all the other units we researched had smaller tubs. And both units are front load.
Delaine and Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:47 PM   #6
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
I've also seen a post where someone removed the center hinges and made the doors each open separately - just can't remember who posted it.
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:11 AM   #7
Tom Gina 06
Montana Fan

M.O.C. #5993
Brad,

I was going to do that with my doors double hinge but there is not enough room to hold the hinges and clear the doors coming together at the center on my 07 3400. Mounted hinges on the left side and that rubbed the center didn't like that either. Thinking about mounting the hinges on the right side to get more clearance. This also applies to my stackable which is the same as Ozz has. Cost about 6 bucks and use the top door latch to hold the doors together. It does not move one bit when opening. Mounting hinges instead of the factory mount on the right side allows you to use the existing knob to open and shut. Hinges at home depot for 6.50 magnets another 5.00 pretty cheap answer for stackble units that the doors do not clear. Hope this idea helps..........
Tom Gina 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:22 AM   #8
bsmeaton
Montana Master

M.O.C. #6109
Tom,

I think I understand. I'll have to look at then again (in storage) and it might make more sense to me. I wouldn't want them to rub in the center either.

Brad
bsmeaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:39 AM   #9
dsprik
Montana Master

M.O.C. #4282
Thanks, Lindy! Great info.

Tom, I see what you mean. The doors are right tight to the door posts when closed - no room for any hardware in between.
dsprik is offline   Reply With Quote